1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off axis DLP viewing

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pwood, Feb 2, 2005.

1. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    I would be sitting straight in front 90deg about 10 feet away but the other sofa would probably mean a viewing angle of 110/120 deg. Would this result in degradation in the picture seem by the other half.
    Also does anyone know if there is a likely hood of a 42" or smaller screens as thanks to you guys earlier posts I've measured it all out and I'm concerned that its too big especially for SKY whereby every fault will stand out a mile.

Also cant find the specs to confirm the new 46" will accept 702p@50HZ or 1080i at 25hz as per SKY's recent high def announcement, on the Sagem site.

2. Bruce1310

Bruce1310
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pwood

That viewing angle should be fine...but go do a demo.

The manual of the new Sagem HD-D45 says it is compatible with both 720 @ 50 and 1080 @ 25.

Hope that helps

Bruce

3. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Cheers Bruce.
    Can't say I know of anywhere in central scotland that has your display or the Toshiba on demo right now. I'm hoping John Lewis in Glasgow will get a demo screen as they are one of the few places you can actually see displays showing a half decent picture on their screens. My local Comet has the 50" Sagem on show with High Def but it looks awful with normal def stuff but then again so did a Panasonic 32" Crt sitting right next to it which I know to be a good screen.

Any idea how much a replacement bulb is and how long its meant to last?