1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OFA Mosaic

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by robs, Dec 11, 2002.

1. robs

robs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RS doing these for £60 today. Got one spur of the moment. Bit of a brick, but an hour's set up and I can chuck 7 old remotes out - including the Ondigi box, an old Linn amp, & Proline DVD (thought these wre impossible??!!) Seems a bargain.
    Anyone else got one..are there any pitfalls I should be aware of .....

still can't believe I spent THAT much on a remote control...it's gonna have to be from Santa...

2. marcw

marcw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one yesterday from RS to replace my 7 other remotes. Took me about 2 hours of programming missing keys where I needed them and now it's working just fine. Well worth the 60 quid!

3. elneckio

elneckio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question on these, the website shows it with a pen - do you have to use the pen or do fingers work with them instead ?

(I would loose then pen for certain lol)

4. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can use your finger with it no problems. I think the pen is included as some menu options such as "Esc" and "ok" are quite small on the setup screen, and people with chubby fingers could find it difficult to press.

I can use it fine without the stylus.

5. elneckio

elneckio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sounds good - thanks :)

6. CaptainShadwell

CaptainShadwell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the pen actually come with the control as I got mine from RS a few weeks back but had no pen.

Also having some trouble sorting the missing keys. Do you know if you have to sort out where the keys go first then get it to learn or can u do it in any order?

Cheers

CS

7. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The stylus does come with the mosaic, and is stored inside the unit itself. You might have missed it, but it's in the top left hand corner of the mosaic, on the back. The bit that pokes out.

For learning, you choose where to learn the key to, then it asks you to put the original remote next to it and learn the function.

Have you tried reading the manual, or were you trying to be too much of a man? :clown:

8. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sounds good.......... i am still waiting for a reply from ofa to confirm if the Kameleon6 can cater for my HomeCinemae System Philips lx3000d ....anyone out there got a similar system and got the mosaic working with all features as when i see these remotes listed they onyl mention DVD or amp never HCS can anyone shed any light as i don't want to fork out 60 notes if i still have to pick up another remote?