1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OFA Mosaic - saving configuration?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Darren Blake, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I finally got my OFA Mosaic controlling everything the way I want it. I have even written my modifications down on scraps of paper.

My question is, has anyone anywhere found a way to save configuration data off a Mosaic onto a PC? If not I will have to type everything up and add pictures so that I can re-program it in case my Mosaic ever breaks or forgets its settings.

2. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    One For All were going to relaese a pc link and a peice of software to do exactly this but due to lack of demand scraped this plan. Looks like you will need to get you pen and paper out.

3. mortod

mortod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was a thread on this at JP1, but I think the conclusion was that the Mosiac is not JP1 compatible and therefore can not be backed up by that mechanism - unlike almost any other OFA remote. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/message/24080

4. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Official word from OFA is that (as mentioned above) there was insufficient demand to produce the PC link, although one was planned.

I must say I'm surprised that no one has hacked into the Mosaic and made a simple bit of kit to do this off their own backs, though...

:(

5. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just FYI, I do have some people checking into this, so I will post something if there's any news.

6. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    That would be very cool indeed.

After getting the word from OFA, I sent them another e-mail asking, since they have no plans to market such an interface themselves, whether they would publish the control codes so anyone could access the remote using Hyperterminal and a suitable home-made lead.

No reply as yet.

7. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    UEIC (aka One For All) tends to be quite tight lipped about this sort of thing, it's probably going to take some reverse engineering to get anywhere with it.