1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OFA codes for DBR-TF100

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by scott_dft, Jul 11, 2004.

1. scott_dft

scott_dft

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Newbie looking for some specific help.
    Although the forums look interesting, so could well 'hang around awhile'.

Misplaced my remote for the Pioneer DBR-TF100. Got the OFA 'Digital' (URC-7544) hoping it might have codes that would work. Filled in the OFA web form, but I don't know how fast they respond.

Anyone got a set-up code for the TF100? Or codes to set up the functions one-by-one?

Thanks,

2. scott_dft

scott_dft

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With no answers from the web or forums, I finally gave OFA a call. Proved very helpful and very quick (atleast the phone bill will not be dearer that the remote). They explained that the had only just developed a scheme for the TF100 so could I send the unit to them and they would update.

What came back was not a altered URC-7544 but a OFA 4 Signature (URC-7040). Not much difference, the 'Digital' version has some extra buttons for sky/cable options. Openning the battery cover possibly reveals the reason for the swap: the 7040 has a JP1 connector, the 7544 just had the holes. So presumably the 7040 is far easier to upgrade. Sure enough, I can view freeview once more.

So if you've got a new OFA remote, having a problem with setup and the web doesn't give a easy answer, give OFA a call, they are rather helpful.

3. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Scott,
    Seeing as how you know what those 6 pins are for, do you have any plans to use them? A JP1 cable is pretty easy to make, and very inexpensive to buy ready made. With a JP1 cable, you could download the code that they added, and we could help you reverse engineer it. Then you could re-create it with all the extra functions programmed, that they probably left out.