1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OFA 6 with Yammaha DSPAX630

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by kwangomango, Jun 11, 2003.

1. kwangomango

kwangomango

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Using the Yamaha amp codes on the OFA site i have managed to get some very very limited functionality. Does anyone have a proper set up code or better still a complete Magic Code list?

Thanks

2. steev

steev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got the Yamaha 5540/430 and also found the functions a bit limited. Some of the number buttons select sources (radio, CD, tape). I think Menu selects the Jazz Club DSP! I'm in the process of reprogramming my OFA6 after losing the learnt settings. I ran out of memory after learning all the DVD buttons and when I tried to download a new code for that it got messed up.

I'm going to build a JP1 interface in the next week or so. I'm hoping this will allow me to optimise the programming.

3. steev

steev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Last weekend I built my JP1 interface and it's wonderful. I found a configuration someone had done for the 5550 and moved the buttons around to do what I want. I got rid of the DSP modes and laid the number buttons out like the original remote's sources.

I've been able to drop some learned functions now I have the actual codes.

I haven't worked out how to convert learned functions to proper codes yet. I need to add the cursor buttons for the TV and to either learn the DVD buttons or find an existing codes that works.

A good place to start is

http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/

I think the site owner was here the other day.

4. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That would be me! :clap:

I found this site thanks to David Morton, who directed me to the thread on the Pace Twin PVR.

5. steev

steev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Good to have you here Rob. You can help me sing the praises of the JP1/OFA combination. It's a lot cheaper than a Pronto.

Has anyone put together a list/site that lists equipment models (rather than just makes) against the OFA codes? This would be very useful, especially if anyone could add to it and even link in their own configurations for download.