1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oehlbach wire

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by AChappers, Feb 11, 2004.

1. AChappers

AChappers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to buy a Canton Movie CD-1 speaker package and a Pioneer VSX-C501 amp and I wondered if anyone has tried the Oehlbach Spezial 2.5mm speaker cable as I can get it fairly cheaply. If you have tried it please let me know how it compares with others such as QED. I can get this one at less than one pound a meter but it is meant to be pretty good.

Thanks for your help,

A Chappers.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I've never heard of this cable so if no-one replies it's probably because no-one else has either.

3. cribeiro

cribeiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +307
    I have heard about it, but I cannot tell you any first-hand opinion (may be a spanish expression, meaning that I actually heard it working)...
    I think I read somewhere about some speakers that had oehlbach inner wiring, and the company claimed that is something good... But that is all I remember. Sorry!

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Oehlbach is rather famous in Germany, seen it also in Asia.

On the hand I would just use the cheapest speaker cable you can find, 4mm2 should be a safe bet.

5. Nemish

Nemish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Specifically, the LS Special is a good starting cable for a budget system. So getting it as a 'bargain' (I assume you are referring to the 2*4mm version) is relative to your equipment. But less than a pound a metre for 2*4mm is a very good price for this cable!

Cheers,