Oehlbach wire

A

AChappers

I am about to buy a Canton Movie CD-1 speaker package and a Pioneer VSX-C501 amp and I wondered if anyone has tried the Oehlbach Spezial 2.5mm speaker cable as I can get it fairly cheaply. If you have tried it please let me know how it compares with others such as QED. I can get this one at less than one pound a meter but it is meant to be pretty good.

Thanks for your help,

A Chappers.

Ian J

Banned
I've never heard of this cable so if no-one replies it's probably because no-one else has either.

cribeiro

Novice Member
I have heard about it, but I cannot tell you any first-hand opinion (may be a spanish expression, meaning that I actually heard it working)...
I think I read somewhere about some speakers that had oehlbach inner wiring, and the company claimed that is something good... But that is all I remember. Sorry!

Reiner

Oehlbach is rather famous in Germany, seen it also in Asia.

On the hand I would just use the cheapest speaker cable you can find, 4mm2 should be a safe bet.

N

Nemish

Specifically, the LS Special is a good starting cable for a budget system. So getting it as a 'bargain' (I assume you are referring to the 2*4mm version) is relative to your equipment. But less than a pound a metre for 2*4mm is a very good price for this cable!

Cheers,