Odyssey 5

Garrett

Reaction score
Is this the new Invaders? Why do the go round destroying planets?:eek:
Seems Peter Weller is pitted against a Leviathan again, I wonder why this film (Leviathan) has not been on TV yet.
Did you notice the one of the words was cut of on the side of your screen it looks as though this should be in W/S.

Still.... it wasn't a bad show, but yes it's like The Invaderssss!

I think it should have been shown in 16:9 because the last scene showed eviatha instead of Leviathan on my screen :(

Did you notice the one of the words was cut of on the side of your screen it looks as though this should be in W/S.

:eek: you edited your post :)

I’ve fallen foul of that reading something then replying to it then finding it has been altered.

Actually some of the stuff was like the one off update of The Invaders (which was not very good).

But I though this series looked promising.

Garrett, If this show looks promising then its probably allready been cancelled in the States :(
Like Roswell, another great show thats been cancelled, a sci-fi show my Mrs actually liked for once. :eek:

I like the look of this one as well - as long as the story has been written for a set number of episodes, and doesent meander on and on - ie, a conclusion is drawn.

I think it looks like a cross between the original 'invaders', and 'invasion of the body snatchers'.

There was one bit where the first 'taken over' guy (bald/bowling), answered the phone - i almost expected to hear someone at the other end say....

"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I've got promises to keep
And miles to go before I sleep"

'Telefon' anyone?

;)

Dean

If this show is a hit in the states it could then last for 5 seasons (5 years to save the earth).

I have been to the IMDB and all the comments are very upbeat about the series.

Originally posted by MilesbennettDyson
Doesn't seem too bad, but I wish to Christ that Sky woud start showing programmes in W/S. Channel 4 show them up with their excellent coverage of Angel and Enterprise.

Miles, I am sure I read somewhere on this forum that SkyOne would be transmitting in widescreen sometime this year.

Originally posted by Timh
Miles, I am sure I read somewhere on this forum that SkyOne would be transmitting in widescreen sometime this year.
31st December??

It was not info just a wild guess. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Hi Garrett

its being discussed over at digitalspy here
Still no firm date though.
How doe's Dec 2010 sound :rolleyes:

MilesBennett Dyson,

You said: "Doesn't seem too bad, but I wish to Christ that Sky woud start showing programmes in W/S. Channel 4 show them up with their excellent coverage of Angel and Enterprise."

Chanenl 4's excellent coverage of "Angel" and "Enterprise"?!

You mean, the same channel that edited "Angel" Season 1 for weekday teatimes?

You mean the same channel that now airs "Angel" Season 2, after midnight on Saturday nights?

You mean the same channel that edits "Enterprise", and then randomly scatters it around the schedules, changing the days and times it airs the show?!

You mean the same, crappy channel that hasn't aired "NYPD Blue" in over 2 years?

You mean the same channel that also edits "Alias" for Saturday teatimes, and often hacks-out 5 minutes worth of material to render this adult show suitable for the pre-teens?!

Have you lost your mind?!Let's hope that BBC2 get "Odyssey 5" and "Jeremiah", as oppossed to Channel 4!!

Pooch

So I take it you're in agreement :D

Pooch JD not forgetting Babylon 5 they kept switching night, then started editing then so the could show them early, then after an outcry repeated them round midnight/ early morning.

You mean the same, crappy channel that hasn't aired "NYPD Blue" in over 2 years?
What! this show is still on in the states :eek:

Saw it the other night and 2 things stood out (well, three, that alien 'bird':eek: ); the swearing in it and Weller. For the former I thought I heard wrong whilst eating/crunching something during viewing and to the latter, Weller kept sounding like he was gonna say, "Dead or alive, you're coming with me"! He seems to have adopted the deep grunty voice which amongst the costume were the trademarks of Robocop. Oh and that ott English accent - it's like Enterprise with the overly English shallow nerd set for Yanks to belittle every so often because they're more expansive in emotion and character. Yaha.
The prog' was ok but a bit hole-bound in plot in the likliehood of the group being faithful to doing the right thing alone. Still we'll see, I'm even watching the Dead Zone of late - things to eat to...

Encaser I think the actor you are on about is French (not his accent).

Garrett, if he is French then he's doing a bloody awful OTT 'English' accent - the one I mean is the scientist lecturer type.
You'll be pleased to know that Alias wraps up the last series cliffhanger nicely at Ep.2.01 - as I recall you hate such ends.

Saw it the other night and 2 things stood out (well, three, that alien 'bird' ); the swearing in it and Weller.

You missed the two topless Women in episode one then :D

Originally posted by encaser
Garrett, if he is French then he's doing a bloody awful OTT 'English' accent - the one I mean is the scientist lecturer type.
You'll be pleased to know that Alias wraps up the last series cliffhanger nicely at Ep.2.01 - as I recall you hate such ends.
I stopped watching it early on, I do not mind cliff-hangers if it is a continuing story/plot but when they run it over to a new series I hate it, I prefer one or the other not both.

This prog' is good fayre to eat with of an evening but what continues to amaze is the fcuk word popping up frequently and breastage last night - I'm stunned. It's good that Sky One haven't cut it as it's on at 9p.m but I bet someone will complain before long. I keep missing the intro and was wondering if that toothy bird states anything about content?
I like the fact that at least this show is acknowledging that users of time travel can cause chaos as opposed to the older stuff. Still can't stop from waiting to hear Weller go into giving Robo Cop orders - probably get over it by the last ep...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom