1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odeon Leicester Sq Seating plan

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Matt, May 23, 2005.

1. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi,

I am trying to book tickets for Starwars and wanted to go to the Odeon Leicester Square, does anyone know the whereabouts of a seating plan, or can anyone reccomend good areas to sit?

2. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Middle stalls from about N to T are quite good. Seat numbers 11 to 30 so you not on the sides.

3. caylem

caylem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think there is a plan online - at least I could'nt find one when I went to see the movie.

If you can get tickets in the royal circle - which is upstairs in the cinema. I think theres about about 6 rows in the royal circle (a-f) and seats go from the left 1 to 10 -isle - 11 to 28 - isle - 29 to 38. Row a is right on the balcolny.

I did row a for my first show of sith, and row D for my second. Thought the sound and bass were better in row a.

Tickets are £17 for upstairs which is a little much, and £4 more than usual.

All in all its the best cinema that I've been to, and it doesn't really matter where you sit

Hope this helps

4. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    Front-and-centre of the royal circle is what you want (especially the "centre" part). The screen is tilted backwards quite sharply, so, if you sit in the stalls, the top of the picture is foreshortened. From the dress circle you're facing it straight on.

The screen is outrageously concave from left-to-right as well.

The last time I went there I didn't think the sound was much good, but maybe they were just having a bad day. (I can't remember what the film was, now - might have been The Fellowship Of The Ring - I'd have thought the soundtrack of that ought to have been quite good).

5. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Yep, I’d also recommend the Royal Circle:
    Rows: C-E
    Seats: 18-23
    The best seats in the house :smashin:

6. davisa

davisa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Totally agree, although to be honest any other seat isn't much cop. The screen is very much angled to the Royal Circle so anywhere else you get a huge screen curve.

Even though I work 2 mins walk from the Odeon we boycotted it as £17 is just too much for a film. The ScreenWorks at Wycombe is far superior both in sound and picture and about £7. Shame the THX screen and proper curtains have now gone though :(

If only UCI would spend some money on the Empire and restore it to its former (1980's, THX, Laser intro etc) glory where it was the best screen in the country by miles.

7. ellie666

ellie666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i remember a few years ago I saw "tomorrow never dies" in the odeon (before it's refit) and saw it 2 weeks later in the empire (very rare opportunity to compare,) and there was no comparison. 1000 times better in the Empire. it's just a shame they only show the sh*te these days :-(

8. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I was in Rear Circle Row R on opening night, right up the back. We thought it was going to be a bit far out, but it was actually really good. I think pretty much anywhere in that theatre will be more than acceptable.

9. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    UCI are about to sell it, so maybe the new owner will refurb it.

10. Aaryn

Aaryn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I've never been to the Odeon in LS before, so thanks for the tips on the seating.

But how do you request certain seats? Just go in and ask? I've tried the number but it just doesn't work, and the website only says "Royal Circle New", so I gues it just issues you a random seat.

Cheers

11. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Don't know about the website but when I wanted specific seats in the past I either went into the cinema directly or phoned them - either way they should be able to open up the seating plans on their pc's and see what's available.

12. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    Aaryn, I think if you book a seat online it automatically allocates you the "best" seat that remains unbooked of the type you've selected - but I wouldn't swear to that, nor could I say for certain what they think constitutes "best".

13. Size15's

Size15's

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last week I saw Star Wars EpIII at the Odeon Leicester Square

Seats A21 and A22 of the Royal Circle are front row and centre.
    I sat in A17 which was still fantastic.

I searched for a seating plan a while ago and couldn't find one. So I made a note of some good seats from the plan on the box office window. I only remember the A21/A22 though.

I book by phone and make sure I speak to somebody to get the seats I'm happy with.

Overall I find the Odeon to be a fantastic screen. The Empire is great too - perhaps even better.

Finding a screen that has good sound is quite difficult. In my limited experience screens in America (Vegas), Germany (Hamburg) and New Zealand (Christchurch) have had awesome sound in normal multiplex screens that put Cineworld (Stevenage) and UCI (Hatfield) to shame.

It would be awesome to learn of some good screens in London or Hertfordshire. Not enough cinemas use DTS or SDDS. May be they don't care enough?

Al