ODDS & SODS

chaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping I can get someone to help with a small problem please. I am jus putting my computer on its desk but now find that the cable from my "Harman Korden " Sound stick speakers is a bit short to go into the light green input on my computer is it possible to buy a extension cable so that it can reach the computer. I think it is a 3.5mm jack and it goes into female green socket on the rear of the computer (Should I buy a headphone extension)cable. Also if you do not mind me asking I think I will needing a longer DVI -DVI cable is it possible to get longer than the one supplied? And the last Q I need a wall mount for the monitor that makes the monitor be against the wall as the i use at the moment it sits out to far . See photo below also how high should the moniter be from the desk height I think mine is a bit to low Thanks

Hi chaz, yes you can buy sound extension cables as an example Amazon sell them see link, can get different lengths if you search.
LINDY 3m Audio Extension Cable - 3.5mm Stereo Jack Male: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Again good old Amazon will supply a 5 metre dvi cable for you.

Amazon.co.uk: dvi-d cable 5m
Cannot see the photo on your thread for the wall mount, but most mount will state the weight they can support and you will be able to see if the mount looks suitable, just put a search in for wall mounts.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi Sparky Thanks for the answer will buy now Hope you are well. Not long to go now before I close down the old computer and play with my new toy . But guess what the sun is shinning and now the old Meh Sahib is calling me to cut the grass :(

I see there are quite a few of the DVI- DVI cables is this a good enough one or should I get the cheaper version because there is not much difference

Hi chaz, a matter of choice, the top one looks quite good to me for the money and gold plated.

thanks once again Sparky

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom