1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odds and sods....

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Nov 27, 2001.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

Just some odds and ends, that I've noticed over the past few days or so:

1) Mary Whitehouse, campaigner for less sex and violence on TV, has died at the age of 91, over the weekend 24/25th November.

2) The Lord Of The Rings movie, (the Peter Jackson version), runs for an astounding 3 hours!! It has also been classified as "PG", but with advice that some material may be unsuitable for under-8's, ala "Jurassic Park".

3) The recent UK DVD release of the amazingly provocative French sex film "Pussy Talk", had 1m 37s cuts. I have to say that whilst this film is pretty sexist (in its treatment of women as sex objects) it is also very funny, and appalling badly dubbed. Because of that, I have to recommend it as being a totally "one-of-a-kind" experience. However, be warned, even in the cut version, it's still probably the most explicit 18 certificate film I've ever seen! It's certainly a borderline R-18 (Sex-shop only) title, and not something you should let anyone who is easily shocked view!

Pooch