• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Odd ways to complete story missions - possible spoilers

wilber

Had a couple of interesting endings to missions yesterday

I need your clothes ...
found this one hard but on the umpteenth go, I switched to a car and knocked him off expecting to go back and finish him off but as i was returning he got run over and died

No way on the subway
I really don't like Motorcycle missions! After chasing the bikers for a while I managed to shoot one but soon after lost control and fell out of an overground section, expecting this to be "game over" I grabbed a passing car and just set off to follow the red dot. After a good five minutes the biker suddenly appeared in front of me so the chase resumed, eventulally I ran him over and again prepared to go back to finish the job. When I returned he was engaged in a shoot out with other motorists who finished the job for me

Any other oddities?

p9ul

Distinguished Member
I barely had to do anything with the bikers - one hit an oncoming train (after I shot a tyre out), the other hit a dumpster and got stuck, so I just had to jump off and shoot him.

A lot of the Assasination's are v. easy, just take a sniper rifle & an RPG and you can usually get them from distance no problem, before you've alerted them.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
On one of the really early missions, think it's the first mission that you have to kill someone on. I was chasing a guy up some stairs and into a building. No weapons at this time so I had to beat him to death. Instead I hit him a few times near a window, smashed the window and knocked him onto the roof outside. Then one more punch knocked him off and into the water below. Most amusing.

Like previous GTA games, I can remember some missions which should have been very very hard but for some reason the person you have to chase/kill has been taken out accidentally, gifting you the mission. :rotfl:

andrewtayloruk

Holland Nights

Just turn around cross the street and use the sniper rifle to take Clarence out without ever entering the building or fighting your way past the hood-rats

andrewtayloruk

Museum Piece

When you get down the stairs from the 2nd level, make an immediate left and exit the building through the door. Get in a car and drive it around to the marker on the radar. You can then go back in to the building from the other side, trigger the next target and exit back out of the building without fighting across the main hall. Saves time and bullets.

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Museum Piece

When you get down the stairs from the 2nd level, make an immediate left and exit the building through the door. Get in a car and drive it around to the marker on the radar. You can then go back in to the building from the other side, trigger the next target and exit back out of the building without fighting across the main hall. Saves time and bullets.

Am I thinking of the same mission? the one with the 2 armoured cars?

p9ul

Distinguished Member
Holland Nights

Just turn around cross the street and use the sniper rifle to take Clarence out without ever entering the building or fighting your way past the hood-rats

yeah- you can do that but...

ruins your chances of getting the achievement for meeting all randoms as he turns up again later if you let him live.

Carlosis

I recently attempted the seedy cop matey mission where he wanted me to take down a drug dealer in 'the projects'.

First time i tried it i started shooting up everyone i saw, attracted the fuzz and was surrounded by a good 10 people before i got massacred.

Second time i did it i stopped by a gun shop and got myself a sniper.

Walked across the street from the target and shot him once in the head and drove away.

Felt like i cheated myself a bit but ah well.

Still stuck on the snow king level though.

tip me!

p9ul

Distinguished Member
He doesn't count as one of the ones you have to see in order to get the achievement.

AFAIK, he doesn't count towards 100% completion but he does count towards no more strangers... some goes for 3 others.

andrewtayloruk

Am I thinking of the same mission? the one with the 2 armoured cars?

I'm not sure because.....

the mission was over rather quickly :) It's the Diamond deal where you go as muscle and the gangsters jack the meet. You've got to fight your way from upstairs in the museum.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom