Odd Sky tuning problem over magic eye Panasonic Viera

bingham40

Standard Member
I have just replaced my non digital 19 inch goodmans LCD TV with a digital Panasonic Viera 26 TV. I have a Sky + box in the living room with a retrn to a box under the stairs that feeds the signal to our conservatory (which is where the new Panasonic TV is).
When first plugged in the panasonic TV worked fine with the magic/tv eye and we could watch and control sky. DVB signals are fine so it suggests there is not issue with the signal to me.
When the TV has been on for a wehile though or turned on from the wall the sky/analogue picture quality is horredous. After five mins or so it will settle down be and back to crystal clear but it will then periosdically revert back to a poor picture.

You can still control the sky box over the TV eye and I plugged it back in to my old TV which wroks perfectly, the picture doesnt suffer at all so I dont think it's the signal dropping in and out.

Almost seems like the panasonic TV de-tunes itself from time to time and then auto retunes after a while. Can anyone help as my kids are going mad about this and otherwise i'll just have to chop in the TV and revert back to the old one.

bingham40

Standard Member
Hi, have just replaced my non digital 19 inch goodmans LCD TV with a digital Panasonic Viera 26 TV. I have a Sky + box in the living room with a return to a box under the stairs that feeds the signal to our conservatory (which is where the new Panasonic TV is).
When first plugged in the panasonic TV worked fine with the magic/tv eye and we could watch and control sky. DVB signals are fine so it suggests there is not issue with the signal to me.
When the TV has been on for a while though or turned on from the wall in the moring the sky picture quality is horrendous. After five mins or so it will settle down be and back to crystal clear but it will then periodically revert back to a poor picture. I cant check the standard analogue signal as we've been shifted to digital in my area.

You can still control the sky box over the TV eye even when the picture is dodgy and I plugged it back in to my old TV and it works perfectly, the picture doesnt suffer at all so I dont think it's the signal dropping in and out.

It almost seems like the panasonic TV de-tunes itself from time to time and then auto retunes after a while but I am not sure if it's the sky setup and signal quality or someting causing the Panasonic TV to do this. Can anyone help as my kids are going mad about this and otherwise i'll just have to chop in the TV and revert back to the old one.

bingham40

Standard Member
Hi, thanks for your help. I've had a read through there and cant see anything exactly like my prob so have re-posted my question there.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Try a different output channel on the sky box modulator. Start at 21 and work up.

logiciel

bingham40

Standard Member
"Try a different output channel on the sky box modulator. Start at 21 and work up."

It's been ok this afternoon apart from for a few minutes, will try this out though this evening

bingham40

Standard Member
Hi, I have tried every single RF channel between 21 and 68 now and they all start out perfect but then the picture quality will just worsen again, it comes in waves between absolutekly perfect and almost completely snowy. I keep thinking it must be interference but then put the old TV back in and ot works fine.

Does anyone know if it could be a spacific Panasonic Viera thing or anything else it coud be. I'm almost at the point of selling the TV on ebay now as you just never know wehnn you turn it on how long the picture will last. Sometimes a whole day, other times 20 seconds.

bingham40

Standard Member
I have checked the TV directly from the sky box both RF outlets and it is still poor quality, both my other TV's are fine and it cant be an issue with the cables I dont think as the digital picture is perfect. I've posted this in the TV forum as I think it may be something wrong with the Tv itself.

chalkywalky

Standard Member
Hi

Did you solve this problem? I have almost the same with my panasonic th42. The picture is horrendous , but enough to see the sky eye working. If I unplug and plug a different tv into it all is fine?

any help appreciated

Adam

chalkywalky

Standard Member
hi

Thanks for coming back. Not a great answer though as our TV is 5 years old thus probably out of guarantee. thanks anyway

Adam

Jan425

Novice Member
Just bought a Panasonic TX-32CS600B we also have a magic eye which connects TV to sky .but for the life of me can't find how to tune TV using analogue . We managed to tune TV so we
Have all freeview but can't tune
To
Find sky x

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Magic eyes don't do any connecting.
They're for control of Sky devices that are connected by cable.
Pana's manual should tell you how to tune analogue.
You match the channel number to Sky's output which is usually 68.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom