• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

odd signal problem with the wrekin transmitter

rushy7

Established Member
ive a a sammy le40 a656 and about 2-3 times a week between 9 and 11 ish i lose a few channels(film4 sky 3 the hits sky sports news)i know its not a problem with my ariel as its a proper digital one and the signal streght is 100% on bbc 1 etc
any ideas

scribbler101

Established Member
sorry forgot to put its 9-11 ish pm!
r7 - if you look at the redcat link you will see that the Muxes you have trouble with, C and D are lower powered and much higher frequency than the rest C53/C57 compared to C21-35 for the rest.

Do you know what group your aerial is? Incidentally, I am surprised that none of the site pedants have yet pointed out that a digital aerial is something as which there is no such thing.

I too am Wrekin - but rarely watch those channels. I will try to remember to check here tonight. Post if you have trouble and I will look.

Last edited:

evanswolves

Standard Member
Hmm, could this be the reason why on ITV1 (freeview)that the sound is very dodgy right now? If you've ever played a really old cassette and the sound goes rather, errrm, wavey you will no what i mean, it sounds like that

Edit - or not, seeing as im getting Sutton Coldfield, thought it was The Wrekin, lol

Last edited:

radioredcat

Established Member
Well iv'e not seen any problems myself and the are as usual iv'e uploaded some pics of the signal levels i should also comment i am 58 miles from the wrekin
The digital snapshots are from a thomson dti2300 and the analogue are from my tevion tv card.

Attachments

• MUX 1 the wrekin.jpg
    MUX 1 the wrekin.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 115
  • MUX 2 the wrekin.jpg
    MUX 2 the wrekin.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 100
  • MUX A the wrekin.jpg
    MUX A the wrekin.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 84
  • MUX B the wrekin.jpg
    MUX B the wrekin.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 93
  • MUX C the wrekin.jpg
    MUX C the wrekin.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 90
  • MUX D the wrekin.jpg
    MUX D the wrekin.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 97
  • BBC1 the wrekin.jpg
    BBC1 the wrekin.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 67
  • BBC2 the wrekin.jpg
    BBC2 the wrekin.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 81
  • ITV1 the wrekin.jpg
    ITV1 the wrekin.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 84
  • CH 4 the wrekin.jpg
    CH 4 the wrekin.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 79
  • CH5 the wrekin.jpg
    CH5 the wrekin.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom