Odd Samsung LE32R41B problem

Gonky

Novice Member
Just recieved a notification from Empiredirect that my years warrenty will expire on the 23rd of this month, which has promted me to try and sort out a problem I've had for as long as I can remember with my Samung LE32R41B.

First off there has always been a dull 'mark' in the top right of the TV screen, almost as if there is a load of dust underneath the display or something but there is no way to get rid of it. You cannot notice it when the screen is busy or in dark scenes, but when for example the sky is in the backround there is a mark that is clearly noticeable in the corner(I can probably take a pic if anybody is interested). It's quite infuriating!

Also, and this may or may not be related, there is what I believe to be called 'banding' in the same type of situation (this does this with all content, HD or SD). It is a set of darkish lines that go up the screen and are very noticable in light scenes.

I know I should have got this sorted much earlier, but over the past year we've been moving house and sorting out family stuff etc so it's been at the back of the list of things to do. It may be worth noting that I also upgraded the firmware of the TV when Samsung sent out the kit's to sort out the infamous Tearing issue.

So what do you lot think I should do? Contact Empiredirect, or Samsung? I feel like a bit cheeky doing that in the last month of my warrenty but to be honest when you spend close to £1000 on something you want it to be as good as perfect!

Thanks in advance for the advice :)

mickrick

Banned
Haribokart said:
First off there has always been a dull 'mark' in the top right of the TV screen, almost as if there is a load of dust underneath the display or something but there is no way to get rid of it. You cannot notice it when the screen is busy or in dark scenes, but when for example the sky is in the backround there is a mark that is clearly noticeable in the corner(I can probably take a pic if anybody is interested). It's quite infuriating!
Could this possibly be screen burn/image retention? Especially as you notice it in the same area the Sky logo appears in. Look closely and see if it has any clear definition, like a picture or text.

Haribokart said:
Also, and this may or may not be related, there is what I believe to be called 'banding' in the same type of situation (this does this with all content, HD or SD). It is a set of darkish lines that go up the screen and are very noticable in light scenes.
Hmm, not sure what may be causing this. Are they static or moving?

Haribokart said:
It may be worth noting that I also upgraded the firmware of the TV when Samsung sent out the kit's to sort out the infamous Tearing issue.
Did these problems occur before or after you upgraded the firmware? If it is after, then it may have been a "failed" firmware update that caused the problems. If they were present before, then there may be an inherent problem with the tv and as it is still under warranty, you should contact Empire Direct at the earliest opportunity to get it sorted. It may also be in your best interests to get an "independent" evaluation before letting Empire Direct take it away, just in case they try and, ahem, play down any faults. Also remember that you do have the sale of goods act on your side when it comes to any "inherent fault" issues. However, I'm sure Empire Direct will be entirely honourable and sort the problems out for you post haste.

Top Bottom