Odd rep updates?

taffster5

I remember this being mentioned a while back but cant find the thread, anyone getting odd rep updates lately - probably as you had a good game? Yesterday at some stage I got a negative rep for Trash Talking when I didnt have my mic on in merc.dm at any time? I do have 'uk' in my gamertag so I assume thats one area i'm going to get some grief on. Anyone else finding their bad rep is going up too?

Saul T Nuts

Yes mate I've had that as well, I'm far from the worlds greatest COD player (my kd ratio of 0.76 ish being proof positive, or just ask Shingles, Schrogeek and any other of the lads on here for that matter!) but the other day, Domination on High Rise, I played an absolute blinder (for me) called in all 3 of my kill streaks (Predator, Harrier and Pavelow) and finished with 38 kills, 8 assists and 9 deaths :devil:

It also helped that I was able to keep picking people off trying to snipe from the crane time and time again and also trying to get up to that 2nd floor roof bit.

Anyway in the lobby I'm called a booster, a camper, it's not team death match blah blah blah even though in the accolades at the end I received the "most points captured" one.......

Don't take it personally mate, if some little 10 year old kid (usually American as well) wants to give you negative feedback and most likely put you on their avoid list then look at it is a positive, one less annoying little **** to put up with :D plus gives you more of a reason to game with us AVF lads, we never give each other negative feedback :devil:

plus gives you more of a reason to game with us AVF lads, we never give each other negative feedback :devil:

That's what you think. I've reported your obscene gamertag, filed complaints against Scanz for cheating, and given Richie bad rep for trash talk :smashin:.

To the OP, don't worry about it. Mine is awful. If you beat a clan, they tend to leave bad feedback. It means nothing. If they don't ban the boosters, they're not going to be worried about a few trash talking complaints.

FightingPrice

Standard Member
I've had some recently too so you're not alone - mine has all been that I'm 'unsporting'.

I'm 100% certain it was left by one/some of the boosters I've hunted down in a number of games :devil:

its_all_Greek

Distinguished Member
I've had some recently too so you're not alone - mine has all been that I'm 'unsporting'.

I'm 100% certain it was left by one/some of the boosters I've hunted down in a number of games :devil:

No you keep killing me in a unsporting way.
e.g. looking down your sights seeing me at the end pull trigger.

i report everyone that kills me, Dan got an exstreamly upset complaint last night for throwing a knife into my back for the final kill (was aiming for my but tock but missed)
:devil:

kav

Distinguished Member
Rep is utter nonsense, I wouldn't give a crap about anything you see in there. :)

RobinTripp

I leave the 'Unsporting Conduct' rep for anyone that uses the Shotguns/Knives with Marathon, and any campers. Not that I know what difference it makes, I'd imagine none at all.

:rotfl: i always report 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th and 7th placed players in FFA:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: how very dare they.

I've reported you when you had the audacity to beat me :smashin:

I don't suppose it really matters as nothing is ever done about it. If tac knife users are getting bad rep, god knows how many i've got for using my HBS :devil:

i know your mum said, its ok i forgive ya:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::smashin:

:rotfl:

I'm actually going to give you bad rep for doing a 'your mum' joke. That is the quintessential form trash talking.

DR Kronenbourg

Distinguished Member
:rotfl:

I'm actually going to give you bad rep for doing a 'your mum' joke. That is the quintessential form trash talking.

its just a pity you cannot add comment when you give rep, i would love to be a fly on the wall when the team that do nothing at microsoft read that one:rotfl::smashin:

kav

Distinguished Member
I leave the 'Unsporting Conduct' rep for anyone that uses the Shotguns/Knives with Marathon, and any campers. Not that I know what difference it makes, I'd imagine none at all.

Seriously, you report people for playing the game with perks that are a legitimate part of the game? That's an abuse of the system, and another reason why Rep in itself is so useless.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
I leave the 'Unsporting Conduct' rep for anyone that uses the Shotguns/Knives with Marathon, and any campers.

Can you help me understand how any of that is 'Unsporting Conduct'? The very fact that you report people without validity is Unsporting Conduct itself. :nono:

MarlonSays

I wouldn't worry about it. I've got some bad rep for bad language, even though I have never used a mic on this account. This, funnily enough, was after sending a msg to a ffa booster saying simply 'is that good fun then?'.

I havn't bothered getting involved since, simply file complaint and avoid the player.

Muppets...

astar0th

Distinguished Member
Rep is utter nonsense, I wouldn't give a crap about anything you see in there. :)

Agreed. Rep is on par with CoD leaderboards.

Bit harsh?!

Totally agree! :smashin:

I only use bad rep to avoid players that i don't like playing against. I'm not a bad loser and i'm not bothered if i lose to someone who is more skilled than i was in that particular game. I always avoid players who do the jump/snake thing. That aggravates me beyond belief!

Maybe he meant the care package flare plus knife. That is a glitch and bad rep would be warranted imo.

Luteus

You would end up spending more time giving bad rep than playing the game!

quick question on your rules if i pick up a shotgun from somebody else do i still qualify?

You would end up spending more time giving bad rep than playing the game!

quick question on your rules if i pick up a shotgun from somebody else do i still qualify?

I think he means the dual 1887 glitch.

One of our AVF'ers used the dual 1887 combo in the FFA tourney....didn't bother me tbh. :)

I think the fact that they nerfed them on their own, but forgot to nerf them with FMJ makes it a glitch imo. IW fault though, if they leave it in people will use them.

I get annoyed when killed by them, not enough to file a complaint though. I was just pointing out that i don't think he meant all shotguns.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022