Odd personally addressed Euromillones loteria international letter

andykn

Novice Member
Odd because it is addressed to me including my middle name, which I almost invariably never use. Its not on my passport and I never put it on foreign landing cards - I can't remember the last time I used it.

I'm quite careful about whom I give out my address to, so, even though I've lived at the same address for over 15 years, I get almost no junk mail.

About the only organisation I can think offhand who have my middle name are my mutual pension provider and that was so long ago they haven't quite got my address correct.

Anyone else had this letter?

Moviebuff

What about voting records? - I'm sure that anyone that has registered to vote, can be found quite easily on the electoral roll.

Iccz

I had one from spain a few months back, put it through the shredder havn't had anything since. I can't win what I havn't entered.

andykn

Novice Member
What about voting records? - I'm sure that anyone that has registered to vote, can be found quite easily on the electoral roll.

Again, my middle name isn't on the electoral roll.

I can't think where they'd have got my middle name from.

Duncan G

When you are sent your yearly form to confirm your details on the electorial role, you are given the option to ask that your details are not disclosed to public view.

Duncan G

Odd because it is addressed to me including my middle name, which I almost invariably never use. Its not on my passport and I never put it on foreign landing cards - I can't remember the last time I used it.

I'm quite careful about whom I give out my address to, so, even though I've lived at the same address for over 15 years, I get almost no junk mail.

About the only organisation I can think offhand who have my middle name are my mutual pension provider and that was so long ago they haven't quite got my address correct.

Anyone else had this letter?

Never mind that. How much have you "won".:D

Stephen Wilde

Novice Member
It is a scam.

Several Clients of mine have received them and I checked it out with the Police.

No idea where they get the personal info from unfortunately.

Some years ago another scam involved invoicing the estates of deceased persons £10 for a bible. Most paid up rather than running up the cost of investigating. The details were obtained from the Public records at the Central Probate Registry.

andykn

Novice Member
It is a scam.

Several Clients of mine have received them and I checked it out with the Police.

No idea where they get the personal info from unfortunately.

Some years ago another scam involved invoicing the estates of deceased persons £10 for a bible. Most paid up rather than running up the cost of investigating. The details were obtained from the Public records at the Central Probate Registry.

I'm just puzzled as to where they could have got my middle name from - I can't think of any database that would have that combined with my correct current address.

Stephen Wilde

Novice Member
Birth records combined with electoral roll ?

andykn

Novice Member
Birth records combined with electoral roll ?

I don't think there's any connection - I've only lived here 15 years (and I'm older than 15 :). The last time my birth cert surfaced (I think/hope my parents still have it) was my last passport application and that was a few years ago now.

I'll have to check my pension paperwork to see if they do have a postally correct address for me on other correspondence - I've only checked one so far.

Jay

Banned
What does the letter say, you have been chosen at random, you have a winnign ticket what?

Either way as someone mentioned, it's a scam, if you've not entered something how can you win it.

Unfortunately the chances of knowing where they got you're info are slim.

andykn

Novice Member
Puzzle partially solved.

I had a letter from The Bank of Scotland recently, part of the HBOS (Halifax Bank of Scotland) group. I'd shredded it, but Iranian student style, managed to piece enough of it together to see that they had used my middle name.

Which they got, quite legitimately, from my pension provider. I have a related letter from the Halifax themselves from some years back.

What hangs the HBOS group is that neither my pesion provider, nor the Halifax orginally have my correct postal address. They have it of the form "100, Hign (sic) St, London. SW1A". It was only until HBOS presumably data matched that my middle name and correct postal address (like "100 High St, London. SW1A 1AA.") were united for the first time ever. A week later I get the euromillions loteria letter addressed to this, until then unique, address/name combination.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom