Odd image?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Raine, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Raine

Raine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Owner of an Optoma HD82 and hv this pj just a few weeks. Done about 18hrs on it. So still a baby. :D

Well started up the pj a few days back and had the pj projecting a off image. It's hard to explain exactly the image, but the pics, altho poor camera phone quailty, give a good representation of it. Blacks where wierdly off and colours and image was off too. For example look at image 1 with the orges (?) face, the line definition between it's head and body and colours and black look off. Just like the second pic. Ps3 wavy homepage as well, the waves look kinda rough. That first time I had to switch on and off the pj and it was ok. Not good for the bulb.

Now a couple of other times I switched it on, it was like that for a few seconds then it was suddenly ok. And just there on starting up the pj, there was no Optoma logo sign, like always, and just a lil while longer went straight to the ps3 screen.

Since the pj is so new, I take it as a teething problem. But obviously if it gets worse in any way I'll take it up with the retailer. But I'll like to explain to them what exactly the issue is. So I'm wondering if ye guys hv an idea as to what it is, maybe someone has seen smth like this before. Something with the pj? The panel? Or some hdmi handshake thingy and has smth to do with my cables or hdmi switch?

Thx in advance!

[​IMG]

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    Imageshack - img1733t.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,028
    Hi Raine

If it happens when you switch the pj on I think it is more likely to be an HDMI handshake issue.

I have it occasionally with my HD20, use the amp remote control to select another input on your a/v amp then back again to the projector hdmi and it should right itself rather than switching the projector off then on again,this works for me.

Happy xmas Pal

Keith

3. Raine

Raine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Yeah, it looks to be a hdmi handshake issue. And hopefully it ain't anything serious and of concern. :D

Happy xmas to you too m8! Have a good one! :smashin: