LordG42

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a PS4 Pro, which was hooked up to my Denon x2300w receiver (along with several other devices), then that outputs to my LG B6 Oled tv, using Amazon Basics high speed 2.0 cables.

The problem that has bugged me for a while, but didn't think was my receiver's fault, was colour banding/gradient issues on HDR games via the Pro. Mostly noticeable on games such as Horizon Zero Dawn, Hitman and The Last of Us Remastered. Very visible bands of colour gradients on the sky, and on dark room scenes. Even blotches to a degree on whites.

But if the Pro is connected direct to the TV, there is a noticeable improvement in colour depth and hardly any bands except in darker scenes. Display output info on the Pro is the same wether its to receiver or tv. I'd stick with using it direct to tv, but then I get occasional audio dropouts using ARC, and if I use optical from the Pro to receiver I can't get all the audio formats. Pro direct to receiver had no audio issues, so obviously it'd be the preferred way to hook up.

HDMI Ultra deep colour is turned on all ports on the tv, all video processing options turned off on both TV and Receiver. I'm a regular on the B6 Owners thread and know that processing options aren't the way to go especially for gaming.

Latest receiver firmware installed, that had the Dolby Vision and HDR10 passthrough added.

I know its a long shot, but any suggestions? Anybody else noticed a similar problem, with a receiver that is supposed to support HDR passthrough? I feel like I must be having a long senior moment and overlooking something!

I get the same thing when passing through devices to my 65OLEDE6. Has anyone found a solution... Any other threads where this is discussed?

There’s some discussing on a 2300w owners thread on here. I also thought there’d be more on this problem.

Finding exactly the same... PS4 Pro —> Denon 2300 —> LG E7 and I get flickering and occasional sparklies.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
im getting this on my 4k sony projector ?! my ps4 pro ,it plays 4k content fine on my samsung player and my zone 1 bluray player just not my ps4?????
cant display content .jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom