Odd Benq 3d problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mrkipling, Nov 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mrkipling

mrkipling
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just acquired a Benq W2000 to replace an Optima HD67N with 3d xl. The projector is not yet properly mounted and I have only tested It a short distance from a white wall. Probably a 60 inch image.

The issue is, 3D works fine through Sky Q in side by side format. However when trying to play a blu ray through my PS3 I can't get the glasses to sync. They are Optoma zd201 models. The image displays as you would expect, red tinge and out of register, the projector source stated frame packing as the 3d mode. When you activate the glasses, they blink but fail to sync.

I tried a ps3 game (GT6) and that worked ok bizzarely, but blurays just will not get the glasses to sync.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. mrkipling

mrkipling
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think I have found the problem. The Optoma glasses have a refresh rate of 120hz but the projector requires 144hz for 1080p 24hz 3d playback.

3. jacobe

jacobe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Yup, that won't work. Had they been the newer ZD302 it would've worked, and very well actually, as they are identical to Benq's own glasses. The W2000 is very picky about the quality of glasses I have learned!

4. mrkipling

mrkipling
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the reply, I had a pair of Sainsonic Zodiacs with the dead battery issue laying about, plugged into a USB slot on the PS3 & they worked perfectly. Got a set of True Depth 3D Firestorm XL on the way that get good reviews with the Benq projectors & will hopefully do the job. The PJ is a big upgrade over the HD67 & I can't wait to get it mounted properly with a 120 inch screen