Odd behaviour with Sony RX10ii filming

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by ilovelife, Sep 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ilovelife

ilovelife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Bit of an odd one this, i've had this RX10ii for a year and only use it for filming, its superb, I only ever have it set using XAVC HD 1080p50 MP4, this is a perfect setting for me and how I use it, today however I was filming a party and when it came time to import the content from the camera I found that one of the video files was a 1080i25 m2ts file, it had recorded this in AVCHD format, I can't get my head around it as its right in the middle of the whole thing and every other file is a proper MP4 at 1080p50 as it should be. I've filmed loads on this over the last year and never come across this issue, but its a right pain as I can't easily combine it as it stands with the rest of the video as its from right in the middle, i've used the option in Sony Playmemories to convert to MP4 which it does but it still won't let me combine it in with the rest of the clips into one long usable movie file.

Anybody experienced anything similar?