My quote specifically said
"Lets see in a months time when they're released if the lenses are from Valve or if HP decided with a few months to go, to revamp and redesign the lenses by themselves. ".
No where in that announcement does it state they've dumped Valve. Quite the opposite, they said we can't wait for you to look forward to Valve optics.
But they did decide a few months ago to revamp them (obviously not by themselves but in conjunction with Valve due to their original ones not being good enough.)
You also said...
I'm going to take a wild guess I'll be right and you'll be wrong.
I have never said that they are not going for Valve, only that i didnt see where they said that they were still going with them (to which you have correctly pointed out that they are).
Yes i admit i missed that part.After all the testing in our labs and by our VR team at home, these are some of the elements we are most excited about you trying out:
- 2160x2160 per eye panel resolution
- Render resolution and graphics powered by PC GPUs
- Superb Valve optics
- Industry leading audio designed by Valve
- Enhanced ergonomics
- Upcoming VR support for Microsoft Flight Simulator
A few updates we have made to the product since we first announced Reverb G2:
- We have updated the lenses to reduce the Fresnel ring reflections and improve clarity.
- The menu button on the controllers is now domed so you can distinguish between the Windows and Menu buttons by touch.
- In addition to the full size to mini display port adapter, a USB-C® to USB-A adapter will be included in every box.
- Our Engineers found an opportunity to lower persistence without lowering brightness and this required higher power draw, so the HP Reverb G2 will require the adapter to be plugged into the wall.
From the link you posted.
What do you think they mean by superb valve optics if they don't mean the lenses?
Do you not think it makes more sense that they further worked with Valve to refine the optics to reduce reflections and increase clarity rather than trash the lenses and work from scratch? Otherwise why are they excited for users to use superb valve optics?
I have NEVER said that they were going to trash the lenses and start from scratch.
Why do your posts so confrontational and come across as you being such an angry man?