• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Oculus Summer Sale is now on

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Unlike Steam the offers are generally not out of this world, however prices for games on the OCulus store do tend to hold their price more than steam games (the exclusives at least).

Nothing really stand out for me, but a lot worth at least considering if you are new to VR

(there is a nice 4 game bundle at 52 quid, all titles worth owning)

The Climb is probably the one which most tempts me.... (or the bundle mentioned above which has it in). Probably best stick with oculus store exclusives for now and then compare with the steam sale when that starts in a few days.

Summer Sale experiences | Oculus

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Jesus i am going for it this sale, most on oculus but some on steam store too.

The climb is the current daily @ 14.99

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Is there any likely sale on the rift itself? Very very tempted to buy one tomorrow from scan for sunday delivery but if any sale due on full kit + touch on oculus site i may wait.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Obviously do not know for sure but i doubt it.... Not better than the amazon offer with £100 oculus store credit bundled free anyone (as well as the 7 free games)

Why cut the price? It is already far cheaper than vive. Imo those who want a vive have akready decidided they are happy to pay more than a rift so not sure what good a further cut does em.

That amazon offer ends any day now tho if not today!!

Get £100/$100 Oculus Store Credit With Your New Oculus Rift This Month

Last edited:

MartinH32

Prominent Member
Obviously do not know for sure but i doubt it.... Not better than the amazon offer with £100 oculus store credit bundled free anyone (as well as the 7 free games)

Why cut the price? It is already far cheaper than vive. Imo those who want a vive have akready decidided they are happy to pay more than a rift so not sure what good a further cut does em.

That amazon offer ends any day now tho if not today!!

Get £100/$100 Oculus Store Credit With Your New Oculus Rift This Month

Amazon offer ends Saturday!

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Ordered!, not too bothered if i missed it but if i get it i get it [emoji106]

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Superhot VR @ 10.99 today
Not sure what time it swaps over but I got this yesterday... So get move on if u want it, it will swap soon

hitman2411

Prominent Member
The Unspoken @ £14.99 is also decent. Bought it and Superhot through Oculus. Also picked up Dick Wilde, Subnautica and Twisted Arrow through Steam today

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Damaged core is today's dotd @ 10.99. It generally scores well but these are early reviews when there was little competition. With the likes of raw data, Arizona sunshine and even doom 3 and with no touch support I do wonder yow relevant this is. More recent review s seem to support this concern. Anyone have it ? Ta

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Battle zone 35% off in 24 hr deal. Temped but I spent too much already so gonna wait till next time

edit i am told its not cross store multiplayer compatible. if true this may be one to get on steam.

Last edited:

Rog69

Distinguished Member
Battle zone 35% off in 24 hr deal. Temped but I spent too much already so gonna wait till next time

Bugger, I just bought it on Steam a couple of days ago. I can't be bothered refunding it for the sake of a couple of quid though.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Bugger, I just bought it on Steam a couple of days ago. I can't be bothered refunding it for the sake of a couple of quid though.

i just learned its apparently not multiplayer across the different store versions. So for many folk i think steam may be the place to go for this game as oculus store buyers cant play with steam buyers..

css_jay99

Established Member
Is there a difference with playing the same game from oculus and steam ?.

i was thinking of getting project cars. It's £15 on Oculus store while £8 on steam

I have Oculus rift btw

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
if you are not bothered about multiplayer then it does not matter... however some games do not allow cross play between store fronts.

pCARS is one such game. buy on steam you get to play against all steam owners (but not oculus store owners)

buy on oculus store and you are limited to just those who got on oculus store

in terms of VR, the rift works on both but there are WAY more on steam version online

TLDR

buy this one on steam!

Last edited:

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Too long didnt read.

its the cool kids speak for - "in conclusion " ;)

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
oops.. looking at it i can see why you thought this.

Sorry

mozza54

Prominent Member
I picked up the Rift and Touch bundle from Amazon just before the sale started, got the £100 voucher and ended up with a second voucher and waxed all £200 in the last week :D

So in addition to the free games (Robo Recall is amazing)

Sports Bar VR
Chronos
Beats Fever
Fantastic Contraption
Rick and Morty
Tethered
Space Pirate Trainer
Fruit Ninja
Lone Echo (Pre Order)
Star Trek Bridge Crew
Superhot VR
The Climb
Raw Data
Edge of Nowhere
something else that was in this bundle

From Steam I also got Audiobeats I Did get Everspace and Holopoint and refunded them.

Was tempted for Arizona Sunshine but I felt I had enough shooters already.

Thug

I picked up the Rift and Touch bundle from Amazon just before the sale started, got the £100 voucher and ended up with a second voucher and waxed all £200 in the last week :D

So in addition to the free games (Robo Recall is amazing)

Sports Bar VR
Chronos
Beats Fever
Fantastic Contraption
Rick and Morty
Tethered
Space Pirate Trainer
Fruit Ninja
Lone Echo (Pre Order)
Star Trek Bridge Crew
Superhot VR
The Climb
Raw Data
Edge of Nowhere
something else that was in this bundle

From Steam I also got Audiobeats I Did get Everspace and Holopoint and refunded them.

Was tempted for Arizona Sunshine but I felt I had enough shooters already.
Don't miss out on Arizona Sunshine, one of my favourite titles (that and Dead And Buried).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom