Octopus 'Electric Dreams' salary sacrifice scheme

CLH

I've got ages left on my Tusker lease but I thought I'd check out current prices yesterday.

Most cars have gone up by a few quid to a £50 more or so.

But my 2008 has gone from £273 to £473 pcm. Not sure if a blip but no one will be buying them at that price.

Interesting to see what the market is like in 3 years time, particularly given how the chinese stuff is getting better and better, MG garage down from me doing amazing deals

mikeburns

Did you order anything on the Octopus scheme?

I've just ordered a Polestar 2 Long Range Dual with the Plus Pack, 20K miles per year, zero deposit for £441 per month, which was a good price compared to anything else I could find.

mikeburns

1643641457103.png

1643641498343.png

msim

Did you order anything on the Octopus scheme?

I've just ordered a Polestar 2 Long Range Dual with the Plus Pack, 20K miles per year, zero deposit for £441 per month, which was a good price compared to anything else I could find.
I didn't because in the end I didn't want to be tied to my employer for years in a changing career market and I couldn't justify the salary sacrifice required when I already have an almost brand new car that I own.

Just so people reading this have some context, for me to generate an Octopus quote similar to yours (of £442 net a month for 4 years) on the spec of Polestar 2 you've outlined below I had to input an annual taxable salary in excess of £100,000.

Last edited:

CLH

Ran a quote through Tusker and get a pretty similar to the above. Which is great, one to consider in 3 years time when mine runs out.

Way less than £100k salary

The Dreamer

Distinguished Member
That is a cracking deal for the Polestar. Our Tusker scheme, the same car, and with only 10,000 miles per year would cost me £481 - and I am in the higher salary range.

Part, but not all, of the issue is that our company doesn’t share the NI savings - it is accepted practice for companies to share any savings with the employee - but not our caring, not sharing, company! Just another of the many reasons it’s often used as an example of how not to manage people, in business school studies!

jonnystuartUK

Glad I found this thread, my employer has just signed up to Octopus.

As someone has leased for the last 8/9 years i'm use to having a monthly outgoing for a car and having a SS scheme will certainly reduce payments for me.

However.... the car i'm looking at has a 12 month lead time...

The Dreamer

Distinguished Member
A colleague of my wife is ordering a Tesla Model Y. 3 Years, 36000 miles, 4 drivers, and winter tyres included - £413 net - the same car via Tusker for me would be £643 net! (And our deal only includes 2 drivers and no winter tyres)!

So we'll get towards the end of this current lease and then use the NHS scheme available to my wife.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom