Octopath Traveller - July 13th

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Revealed at the Switch presentation, Project Octopath is a new RPG from the team behind Bravely Default and its sequel. Supposedly due out in 2017 in Japan, and some time later on over here.

Looks rather swish!

Looks interesting, I'll keep an eye on this one.

Shown off in last night's Direct. Looks utterly gorgeous! Beautiful art style and a nice mix of old school gameplay with some interesting twists.

Trailer

Extended look

Coming 2018

There is also a demo available on the store too.

This is a must have for me, I enjoy old school rpg's and that art style looks fantastic.

Had an hour or so on the demo, looks incredible. I like the way they have eight characters with a different story for each. Reminds me a bit of Final Fantasy 6.

Hopefully it's better than the snore fest that was I am setsuna

Oh god this looks fantastic, reminds me that I must complete Blue Dragon one day, stupid being a grownup!

This looks pretty good. I believe if you try the demo you will get an email from Nintendo asking for feedback on the game so far, which is kind of cool if you like that sort of thing. :rotfl:

Whilst I'd sooner see something as beautiful as Bravely Default on the Switch, this is still kind of interesting. The art style is like a SNES RPG mixed with a pop up book. Too bad it's 30fps though, especially given the super basic visuals. Not a game breaker, I'm just used to 60fps on the Switch.

I tried the demo but it wasn't for me at all. Reading all the expository dialogue got old very quickly and the characters all looked blurry on my OLED TV.

New vid highlighting some of the improvements they’ve made based on player comments following the demo. Mostly stuff to help the user experience like text size, character movement and tidying up the UI. Great to see they listen to players. I really hope this does come out in 2018, it's probably my most anticipated 3rd party Switch game at this point.

I'm slowly warming to the art style in this. I didn't like it at first, but I see it now as some sort of weird 16-bit papercraft. It's unique if nothing else.

The frame rate in the demo was inexcusably low though, so I really hope that will be addressed in the final code.

The art style was by far the main attraction of this game for me, plus the fact I used to love games like Secret Of Mana, Illusion Of Time, Secret Of Evermore back in the Snes days.

I got to the boss on the warriors path, and got totally crushed! This game made me realize how much I've gone beyond random battles that you can't see coming :(

If the demo carries over, then it must be in a good place :) I'll probably pick it up and get it with my Smyths voucher too ;)

Demo is timed at 3 hours apparently.

I've enjoyed the demo, it's a decent JRPG and perfect for the Switch. I like the replayability of the 8 characters.

If the demo carries over, then it must be in a good place :) I'll probably pick it up and get it with my Smyths voucher too ;)
P.s. you can't use gift-cards on pre-orders! Bah humbug.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom