• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

October08 Winner - Protection

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
Shot this on Aberystwyth seafront late this afternoon. The rain didn't stop this fellow going for a prom.

D50
ISO400
f/2
1250/1
50mm

Garf

Well that's one of my ideas down...

I love how there is lighter sky above the old gent, almost as if the umbrella really is protecting him from the bad weather.

Like this - nicely done..

netronelson

Beautiful.

This has got to be a contender already...

N.

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
That's a bit special. Why? Don't know... can't put my finger on it just yet.
Usually in this type of shot the subject would be placed to the left with plenty of space to walk into. Where you have put him works though. I like how the walkway gets narrower and I like the horizontal lines of the railings. I do like the feel of the B&W. :smashin:

SprocketRocket

I like the way the ground looks wet like it is raining or only just finished raining backed up by the old fella with a brolly, and yet the sky looks fairly cloudless like rain has never even crossed its mind....
Nice photy

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Very nice, it really works with the man leaving the shot rather than the conventional shot of walking into space.
As usual great control of exposure as well.
Good job:thumbsup:

SweetGirl

Well done. Another cracking entry:clap:

I

imcarm

Very nice shot indeed liquid, moody with wonderful b&w treatment and fits the theme nicely :thumbsup:

V

vulkan75

As usual setting the standard...This is and idea I had.

I love the feel to the shot and love how you break with convention and have the person leaving frame rather than entering..

Excellent composition and conversion and as always bang on theme.

nice:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom