Enchanted Arms - 6.5
Madden NFL 07 - 8.0
Lumines Live! - 8.5
Ninety-Nine Nights 7.5
Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting - 9.0
Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - 8.5

N3 Verdict:
+ Visual effects and satisfying action-a-plenty
+ Good, solid controls and weirdly addicting gameplay.
- A bit shallow without multiplayer or online bits.
? We love you, Vigk Vagk. Even if we can't pronounce your name.

Enchanted Arms:
+ The characters may be genre stereotypes, buy they're endearing nonetheless.
+ Lots and lots of Golems
- It's just sorta...well, average in every respect.
? Men wear armor. Women wear hotpants. What a world.

Saints Row Verdict:
+ Mayhem and Insurance Fraud activities are awesome.
+ Several minor upgrades to established GTA mechanics.
- Driving cross-city to almost every mission; no checkpoints.
? Are they saving motorcycles for the sequel? What the Hell?

Erm,how is driving across the city a bad thing? And why are they so hung up about bikes? Noobs the lot of 'em!!

Well they have made a complete fool of themselves IMO.

Frogger gets the same score as Saints Row?? Whatever.

SF2 a 9 !??? Pfffft.

MonkeyKnuckle

Novice Member
I know that with the Saints Row review they got a early build which still had framerates problem, then marked them down because of it(well, thats what i heard.)

TankTopLover

MonkeyKnuckle86 said:
I know that with the Saints Row review they got a early build which still had framerates problem, then marked them down because of it(well, thats what i heard.)
they do not even mention framerate/tearing in their +/- comments?

I have not got this mag for ages,but they seem to be a little weird with their review comments and scoring! I am sure volition and thq will be upset that frogger scored equally! Frogger was a lazy port at best.

D

dvdmike007

they do not even mention framerate/tearing in their +/- comments?
they are official and there may be crap games but the h/w is perfect

TankTopLover

dvdmike007 said:
they are official and there may be crap games but the h/w is perfect
Sorry but the reviews are laughable at best.They do not even mention multiplayer,which is a huge thing in saints row.

D

dvdmike007

no sorry needed you couldnt pay me to buy this crap my point is in their reviews they can point out crap games just not h/w problems

D

dvdmike007

i mean they had one review last month, one !!!!!!
the demos are great if you dont have live but apart from that ...

bishman

slinkywonka said:
Frogger was a lazy port at best.
Eh?!?!

We got an arcade perfect single player game and various live modes on top. Pacman and Galaga may be deemed lazy but certainly not Frogger.

rio1981

If they're reviewing Saints Row off an early build then isn't that just like one of us summing the game up off the back of a demo?

Poor show, I guess this is why I've stopped buying magazines now - there are so many avenues to explore when it comes to looking into games, so many reviews on the Net, people's own personal experiences (my favourite, I've lost count of the amount of times I've got carried away by everyone's enthusiasm for something in particular on here).

danvitale

Novice Member
I wouldnt trust "official" mags at the best of times because of their obvious bias most of the time.. but in the days of 700mb demo downloads with sites like Gamespot, gaming magazines may soon be a thing of the past.

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
I stopped buying "Official" magazines a long time ago: they just don't have any kind of editorial control so you can't judge which games are decent in them. Far better with something independent like Edge, GamesTM or Metacritic.

nutter45

Novice Member
The magazines often receive early builds of games for their reviews. The reviewers get assurances from the publishers that bugs they come across have been fixed for the final production, so they don't mention them. A big problem arises when the publishers don't follow up on their word and leave the bugs in, then everyone looks stupid and the consumer gets shafted :mad:

You really need to be wary of the games where no reviews appear before release. The publisher would know the product is flawed and they release review copies as late as is possible. I'm pretty sure no early reviews of MotoGP appeared :rolleyes: