October & November - expensive months!

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't usually find more than 2 or 3 'must have' titles released a month, but

October
Beauty and the Beast, Windtalkers, E.T. - The Extra-Terrestrial, Spider-Man, The Sum of All Fears
November
Band of Brothers, Star Wars - Episode II, Zulu, Ice Age, Men in Black II, Spirit - Stallion of the Cimarron (for the kids)

Um, this might be a long shot, but I reckon it could have something to do with Xmas?

October will set me back around £300 in DVDs, November about £400. December's a quiet one though - about £200.

Would that be the remastered ET recently showing in cinemas with the line "Only in Theatres" ?

It would.

Plus theres all those nice UK superbit's to come in october. I might be the only person buying these two but there's also Minority Report and The Scorpion King.:blush:

nope I'm buying Scorpion King too although I must say that apart from the remaining blockbusters like star wars, spiderman and of course the three disc brotherhood of the wolf DVD I think the run up to Christmas is fairly quiet. I only have a few discs on preorder (including Zulu... fousands of them:D ).

October is going to be my most expensive month before christmas still its giving me a chance to develop the old back catalogue and buy some gamecube games.

I've got loads on preorder. Only one off Spectre's list though

From Spectre's list, will be ET, Spider-man, Ice Age and Windtalkers for me :)

Plus let's not forget Insomnia in October and LOTR extended version in November :D

I'll be buying Minority Report as well Kev ;)

Every month is an expensive DVD month for me :rolleyes: :D

Windtalkers for sure.

Also looking forward to Strange Brew (1/10). My favourite comedy film of all time on DVD at last.

Windtalkers and Insomnia aren't worth owning IMO. I'll be going for Star Wars, E.T, Minority Report and LOTR Extended Cut though.

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Plus let's not forget Insomnia in October and LOTR extended version in November :D
:eek: I forgot about those. Looks like Santa is going to be bringing me a lot of DVD's for Christmas.

It's because all the 'Big Summer Blockbusters' (or 'mindless spectacles' as I prefer to call them) get their rushed through DVD release in time for Xmas (or Christmas as I prefer to call it).

I'll save my money & ask for the titles I want (Ep II & LOTR collectors Edition) for xmas!
My birthday is boxing day so again, spiderman & blade II will do nicely as pressies!
sorted :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom