• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

October 2020 photo Competition - Launch & Discussion

Zone

Well done to 1080 jawbreaker for winning September's competition with this picture

For October he has simply chosen the theme "Autumnal"

Just to be clear folks; a camera of any description is allowed; be it a pro DSLR down to the camera on your phone; there is no restriction as long as EXIF data is recorded in the original file :)

If it isn't; then email the original picture to [email protected] to verify your entry!

TBC Competition sponsor Gordon @ will offer his services of a free ISF calibration to a TV/Projector of your choice.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered we will honour the prize

Also as a courtesy; I've been asked to add a little disclaimer that any entries can be added to the AVForums Instagram page; a link will be added back to your Flickr page if you have one, so you may get more traffic too :)

Competition will close Thursday 29th October

iandrews

Nice theme, I had that (well Autumn) in mind as a theme when we were 4 votes each, and I thought I better have something in case.

Marika

Love the theme! :) Can't wait to see everyone's pics.

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Hopefully the weather will be compliant this month :smashin:

Last edited:

1080 jawbreaker

Love the theme! :) Can't wait to see everyone's pics.

i should have made it a challenge and picked Summer
1601666280665.png

spannersatcx

Now that I have a camera again, hopefully I'll manage to get something this month, although the weather here at the moment is pretty awful 😞

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Autumn colours are pretty disappointing in Derbyshire this year, a lot of trees are just going brown rather than the lovely reds and oranges we often get :(

Marika

Autumn colours are pretty disappointing in Derbyshire this year, a lot of trees are just going brown rather than the lovely reds and oranges we often get :(

Same here in Denbighshire. Only an occasional spot of colour, by a roadside, where you can't possibly stop to take photos. There are other autumnal feels though, than just tree colours :) I wish now I'd done something like that, but hey hum, posted now so tough. :thumbsup:

snerkler

Distinguished Member
Same here in Denbighshire. Only an occasional spot of colour, by a roadside, where you can't possibly stop to take photos. There are other autumnal feels though, than just tree colours :) I wish now I'd done something like that, but hey hum, posted now so tough. :thumbsup:
There are indeed, I just thought this would've been a great chance to get my Landscape mojo back :smashin:

1080 jawbreaker

im still waiting for that nice misty morning but only get chance at the weekend. Need the weather to play ball, and to drag myself out of the pit. Its a challenge :)

1080 jawbreaker

There are indeed, I just thought this would've been a great chance to get my Landscape mojo back :smashin:
found a nice orangey yellow tree but is next to a petrol station :) we all have the image in our heads we want to capture but it only exists on Fantasy Island but we still try to capture it :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom