October 2018 Winner - The Sky

JDR82

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I haven't entered anything in a while or really taken much photo's this year in general due to changes at work swallowing most of my time. However by reflex I do still try and keep the camera in the car when I can and on my way to work this morning I made an unplanned stop after the sky went very orange.

This was however preceded with 10 mins of swearing behind a huge queue of traffic (thanks to a tractor) as I decide I wanted a photo at his particular spot and was worried the sun would come up too far and lose the deep colouring if I didn't hurry up and get there....

Settings are:

17mm
ISO200
f/8
1/25s

Processed in Lightroom, added a grad filter on the bottom area and dropped blacks a little to make the castle a silhouette without effecting the sky, cropped, straightened and sharpened.

Feel like its still a bit dark but was trying to avoid the temptation to over process.

Stunning Sky there :)

Jim

Great sky, great entry

Great sky. Not sure if a slightly lower angle would of worked slightly better for me (get some of that castle against the dramatic sky), great entry regardless.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom