October 2009 Competition - Launch and Discussion

Zone

A huge well done to jumpt_upmonkey for winning September's competition on the theme of Glass!

For October he has chosen a rather unusual yet fascinating theme and one I look forward to seeing how people deal with!

PLASTIC FORK :)

I'll try and update the thumbnail page as and when entries come in HERE

Please take time to make yourself familiar with the rules before posting HERE

As always will once again be supplying a 10x8" print of the winning shot :)

Gordon @

who is once again offering his services for a free ISF calibration, terms and conditions apply, see below :thumbsup:

Closing date is Wednesday 28th October at 7pm or thereabouts.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered we will honour the prize

Last edited:

shotokan101

Banned
Brilliant Topic - and well done jumpt_upmonkey :thumbsup:

Jim

Butch499

Well done, but hey, what a theme :eek:. This is going to be fun to see!

LJx

2: The following information must be included in the same post as the entry. Camera used, Shutter Speed, Apeture, ISO and focal length also exif must be left embedded in the image or else the photo will be disallowed. PLEASE NOTE, IF ANYONE IS UNSURE HOW TO PRESERVE EXIF AND FOR ANYONE USING SOFTWARE THAT STRIPS EXIF THEN AS LONG AS THE ORIGINAL PICTURE CAN BE EMAILED TO [email protected] THEN THE PICTURE WILL BE ALLOWED.
What if you want to enter but do know/understand about all the technical things like this and just like to take pictures, Is it OK to enter?

shotokan101

Banned
...my first thought was "For Forks Sake!" :devil:

Jim

weetsie

What if you want to enter but do know/understand about all the technical things like this and just like to take pictures, Is it OK to enter?

you dont need to understand it you just need to know it.

if you upload to flickr you can see all the details you need to know by clicking "more properties" on your photo, just copy and paste them into your thread.

then just email the original to [email protected] and you're done
:thumbsup:

netronelson

ha ha! - love it!

game on.

N.

shotokan101

Banned
Anyone got any thoughts on whether we're actually restricted by the use of "fork" (singular) in the title ?

Jim

pixelpidgeon

Distinguished Member
personaly would have thought that the picture should include at least one plastic fork of some kind...:D

and well done! jumpedupmonkey ;')

Anyone got any thoughts on whether we're actually restricted by the use of "fork" (singular) in the title ?

Jim

shotokan101

Banned
personaly would have thought that the picture should include at least one plastic fork of some kind...:D

and well done! jumpedupmonkey ;')

So "Fork Handles" would be O.K. ? :D

Jim

shotokan101

Banned
November's competition doesn't seem too far away :D

Indeed - and also a "pity" that this month's comp. finishes just before Halloween :eek:

Jim

shotokan101

Banned
Well done that man! :clap: I love the theme :D going to be an interesting month methinks.

How about - we sure live in interesting "tines" ?

<puts coat on and leaves quickly>

Jim

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
well done jumptupmonkey:smashin: (I'm on time this time)

Methinks Ikea or the local cafe's plastic fork buckets will be empty by Sunday....... I KNOW Exactly what I want to 'shoot' so maybe I'll have an entry this month and soon:eek:

shotokan101

Banned
I have already been on ebay and placed an order :thumbsup::D

You're really gonna need THAT Many ! :eek: (can't wait to see this one) :D

I only need one for most of my ideas and I've a desk drawer full of them at work :)

Jim

shotokan101

Banned

jumpt_upmunky

Firstly thanks to all that voted and for the amazing comments, it's a very humbling experience and it's made my month!

More importantly thanks for getting behind this months theme, I feel I should back it up with some sort of reasoning.

Well it started when I went to see a photo exhibition by Rankin, one of the groups of pictures was about a non-descript mundane brown dress that 40 different women could choose how to wear rather than be dictated to by the photographer, so I thought it would be fascinating to see a group of peoples interpretation of an everyday mundane object and you can't get much more mundane than a plastic fork!

So far my favourite idea has been the Eiffel tower obscured by a plastic fork! (Maybe with a bit of roast beef / black pudding on the end of it?!)

Good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution