Octo LNB Question

R

rhawk

I have a Quad LNB at the minute with all 4 ports in use, 2 for Sky+ and the other 2 for Multiroom. I want to put Sky Freesat in a bedroom, so was wondering does anyone know if Sky will supply me with an Octo LNB with that in mind ?
Also does the signal suffer ( picture quality ) the more times you split the LNB coming from the one dish.
Thanks. :)

rhawk said:
I have a Quad LNB at the minute with all 4 ports in use, 2 for Sky+ and the other 2 for Multiroom. I want to put Sky Freesat in a bedroom, so was wondering does anyone know if Sky will supply me with an Octo LNB with that in mind ?
Also does the signal suffer ( picture quality ) the more times you split the LNB coming from the one dish.
Thanks. :)
I don't think that Sky will supply an Octo LNB FOC for something they won't actually be receiving any extra revenue for, after all what's in it for them? I'm not sure if you will be able to buy one of them or will have to source one for yourself. You could of course ask for another multiroom installation and then cancel the subscription shortly afterwards.

Also there should be no degradation in the signal if all 8 ports are used.

neilmcl said:
I don't think that Sky will supply an Octo LNB FOC for something they won't actually be receiving any extra revenue for, after all what's in it for them? I'm not sure if you will be able to buy one of them or will have to source one for yourself. You could of course ask for another multiroom installation and then cancel the subscription shortly afterwards.

Also there should be no degradation in the signal if all 8 ports are used.

I believe there is a minimum 12 month contract on the multiroom particularly if getting any new installation.

I've just purchased a brand new octo lnb on ebay for just over £20 inc p&p (and it even came with 6 f plugs and 10 m cable) :cool:

Thanks lads.
neilmcl - Do you mean if I get an Octo LNB and only use less than 8 ports, there could be degradation ?

davemurgatroyd2 - Do you have a link to where you got that deal please ?

rhawk said:
Thanks lads.
neilmcl - Do you mean if I get an Octo LNB and only use less than 8 ports, there could be degradation ?

davemurgatroyd2 - Do you have a link to where you got that deal please ?
Regarding the degradation use 1 to 8 outlets as long as the unused outlets have a minmal waterproofing no degradation.

I just found a bare octo lnb for £10 + £4 p&p (Buy it now) here
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WISTRON-F88-S...ryZ60838QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem plus about 5 others with various bids between £9 and £23:cool:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
rhawk said:
Thanks lads.
No, I meant that there will be no degradation in signal regardless of how many feed are used.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom