Octo lnb - Anyone Used

breeze49

Standard Member
Hi, This is my first post so hi :).

I live in the south of the Costa Blanca and a group of us want to have 'freesat' by using a big dish [1.9] and a multi output lnb. The standard fit out here is a famaval 1.9 dish and invacom quad lnb which works well. It would suit us if we could use the octo quad and thus save installing two dishes which are as you know are expensive. I note that there are several good makes of octos ie ice titanium and technomate so quality y sensitivity shouldn't be a problem. I wonder if anyone has used this set up and how it performs.
Best wishes

Tony :hiya:

Grumpsimus

Hi, This is my first post so hi :).

I live in the south of the Costa Blanca and a group of us want to have 'freesat' by using a big dish [1.9] and a multi output lnb. The standard fit out here is a famaval 1.9 dish and invacom quad lnb which works well. It would suit us if we could use the octo quad and thus save installing two dishes which are as you know are expensive. I note that there are several good makes of octos ie ice titanium and technomate so quality y sensitivity shouldn't be a problem. I wonder if anyone has used this set up and how it performs.
Best wishes
I assume that you live in block of flats, if you are all considering taking feeds from the same satellite dish.

I wonder if you have considered using a multiswitch, four feeds from the dish, then really as many feeds as you want, eight, sixteen, twent four etc.

I assume that you live in block of flats, if you are all considering taking feeds from the same satellite dish.

I wonder if you have considered using a multiswitch, four feeds from the dish, then really as many feeds as you want, eight, sixteen, twent four etc.
Use of a multiswitch entails use of a larger dish to make up for the inherent losses in multiswitches - so although they have a use where more than 8 outputs are required they have a significant disadvantage particularly in poor signal areas something you will NOT find with octo lnbs.

wellsyke

Novice Member
I'm using an octo LNB in the uk with a 65cm dish (I haven't got the details to hand). I chose octo because I already needed 4 feeds and wanted to have some spare.
I've found the uk.tech.digital-tv newsgroup a good place to get answers from experts. Bill Wright posts there a lot and he fitted my dish.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom