Octava UHD41-ARC - Frustrating Audio issue.

JustMefornow

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using an Octava UHD41-ARC since January last year to be the link from all our various sources (Xbox One, PS4, Switch, Sky) and the TV. One simple cable routed in wall to the TV. U until mid-February it was working ok in our set up. BUT a couple of weeks ago we had an overnight power cut for a couple of hours. Since then, the unit keeps cutting audio out. Often you'll turn on TV, the source and the Switch. The picture will appear right away and there will either be audio or not (the source doesn't seem to matter).

At that point the only way you can get audio back is to switch the Octava unit off and on again (just by the power switch on the remote). Frustrstingly we could be watching Sky and change channels and the audio will cut out. You need to cycle the power again to get it back. This even happens when you start playing a prerecorded show from the Sky box. Off then on again.

I've tried changing source audio on the Octava remote and it makes no difference.

Any tips as to what would cause this and how to fix it before I go insane!

Are you using the TV speakers or are you sending audio via Optical from the Switch to an Amp or Soundbar?

Ensure CEC is disabled on all devices - assuming that was how you had things set pre the power cut.

Joe

Hi Joe. Sound is being sent out to a Sonos Beam. But it's been working fine for over a year before the power cut. CEC is disabled. Any other tips?

I take it you lose playback on the TV speakers too?

It may be worth trying to refresh the Switch FW - if you send me the Serial No. of the Switch I'll see what we have here.

Joe

We turned off the sound from the TV (the "hotel mode" in a hidden menu in our Panasonic Plasma allows that - thanks AVForums!). I did try cycling the power and it did no good. Let me grab the serial number and message you.

Hi @Joe Fernand, I've just sent you a DM here on AVforums with the serial number of the switch. It's got considerably worse over the past few days to where it's barely functioning. If you can help or suggest a fix it would be appreciated.

Otherwise I'll have to write it off and try to come up with another solution. Frustrating after just 1 year of use.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom