• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Octava HDs3 or Oppo HM-31 will they work with my setup?

Ickle Yoda1

I need to use a few devices into a switcher box. I have one HDMI socket on my Sony Bravia TV and I want to connect the following:

SkyHD
AppleTV
PS3

I would also like it to work with my harmony one remote control.

Has anyone got any recommendations over which one to get? Can anyone see any potential problems with my setup and either of these switches? Is there a difference in quality using these devices? Any comments on either of these switches would be great and very much appreciated :)

Ickle Yoda1

Hmmm Have tested the Octava unit no issues with PS3 and SKY HD. Also we have a harmony One. Works perfectly :clap:

All sounds good, do you know if it works ok with appleTV? I presume it would but if you knew that would be handy :)

Ickle Yoda1

Brilliant, and thanks for commenting!

I will be putting in an order soon for one and some HDMI leads. Any discount as a forum member? :D

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Re the Octava HDS3-UK

SKY HD combined with Apple TV can be a problem for Auto source selection as they are both 'always on' sources (even in standby) - though that's not going to be a problem if your using the Harmony remote for Source selection.

Joe

Ickle Yoda1

Can you turn the "auto sourcing" function off? Or can you change it manually if for some reason it doesn't pick up the correct one?

Ickle Yoda1

Thanks Joe,

I have just placed an order for the Octava HDS5-UK model instead of the HDs3. I also ordered an HDMI cable. I will give it a try when it arrives and let you know if it's working with everything. Thanks for your help so far :thumbsup:

Ickle Yoda1

Well got it all setup and working. The AppleTV and SkyHD auto-switching seems to get a bit confused since they are both always on but I am using a harmony one remote control so no problems at all. Even if I had to use the remote that comes with the unit I would recommend it. Very nice and well built unit.

Thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom