octava hdmx42 and sky hd remote problem

simonporsche

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I hope someone can shed some light on my problem.
I have just received my new octava hdmx42 matrix and I have two lcd tv's as outputs and a ps3 and a sky hd box as inputs, everything works fine other than my sky remote sends a signal to my sky hd box and the sky box recieves the ir signal because the red light flashes on both the controller and the box, but nothing happens on the screen. I can put the cables back directly from the sky hd box to the tv and everything works fine again.
I think something is happening because I can attempt to change channels etc without anything happening on the screen and then if I switch the matrix switch off and back on again the sky menu has changed as if the commands had queued up.

Hope this makes sense.

Simon.:confused:

Try a system reboot - power everything Off at the wall then power back on one item at a time.

Also ensure if the TV's have any form of HDMI 'control' it is disabled in the User Menu's.

Are you using any form of IR extender?

Joe

I do have an ir repeater, but I changed the edid on the matrix and it now works but the only trouble is I think the picture is suffering but it maybe because all I've watched for 2 weeks is the world cup in hd and standard channels are looking bad now. Do you think this is right?

What signal is the SKY box outputting - only 'change' could be its doing 720p rather than 1080i.

Joe

I checked that straight away,it's on 1080i, the other strange thing is that I have an octava hdmi repeater at the tv end and it use to need the power supply connected before I set up the matrix but now it doesn't which indicates to me that maybe I'm not getting the full 1080i. I think the edid setting I have selected may reduce the picture quality but I reverted back to factory setting last night but could see no difference in picture quality and still had no response from the remote when doing so.

There's no picture processing in the Matrix due to the EDID change.

The HDE-UK is simply stealing power from the Matrix Output - our advise is always to use the external PSU for the HDE-UK.

No mater if the HDE-UK is using an external PSU or stealing power off of the HDMI line the image quality won't change.

Have you tried plugging in the IR 'bung' on the Matrix - the IR Extender may be causing some form of IR clash.

Joe

So if the remote problem is solved when I set the matrix to edid 2 then that should be fine and the picture quality problem is else where?

There is no video processing within the Octava unit - any change is going to be down to the Source or the Display.

I'll drop you an email and we can try and work out what's going wrong.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom