Question Octava HD41ARC-UHD HDMI Switch

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi -

Does anyone have any experience with the Octava HD41ARC-UHD?

I've tried a couple of cheap UHD HDMI switches and not having much luck, so was wondering if this switch is worth the extra money.

How well does the auto switching work and is is fully compatible with HDR 18Gbps signals? Also how well does the ARC/HDMI Audio to optical extraction work?

Last edited:
Octava UHD41-ARC

Supports - 2160p, 60/50/24p, 10-Bit, 4:2:2

Supports - HDR10 (DV is being tested as a FW update - have not had it confirmed as yet).

SmartSCAN - is going to vary depending on the Source devices you use and even the order they are plugged into the Switch.

ARC - works well, obviously depends on CEC so some combinations of kit may not be ideal in terms of system control, if that happens you can revert to Optical from your TV and disable CEC (ARC).

Source selection - if you go manual it switches pretty fast, my LG OLED takes longer to sort out HDR than the Octava does to Switch Sources. We have discrete codes for all major functions so easy enough to use with a Harmony Remote (we are in the Harmony library).

Drop me a note if you have additional questions.

Joe

Octava UHD41-ARC

Supports - 2160p, 60/50/24p, 10-Bit, 4:2:2

Supports - HDR10 (DV is being tested as a FW update - have not had it confirmed as yet).

SmartSCAN - is going to vary depending on the Source devices you use and even the order they are plugged into the Switch.

ARC - works well, obviously depends on CEC so some combinations of kit may not be ideal in terms of system control, if that happens you can revert to Optical from your TV and disable CEC (ARC).

Source selection - if you go manual it switches pretty fast, my LG OLED takes longer to sort out HDR than the Octava does to Switch Sources. We have discrete codes for all major functions so easy enough to use with a Harmony Remote (we are in the Harmony library).

Drop me a note if you have additional questions.

Joe

Hi Joe sorry to resurrect this thread but I don't know how to message you directly, I had a question regarding the Octava UHD41-ARC. So I have a Samsung Q8FN television and I am using a Sonos soundbar I want to incorporate this switch into the mix but I am wondering if I will be able to have picture settings for each input like I currently have? For instance my apple tv has its own settings and my xbox one x has own settings etc how would that work if everything is connected to this? Or would I just have to switch to the different picture modes?

Octava UHD41-ARC - currently out of production, it may return though that is not confirmed as yet by the factory.

TV settings - some TV's have a 'per Input' memory setting others have a 'per signal' memory so as long as your Source devices are all inputting a different format the TV will recall the required memory, though you would still have to manually toggle memory settings if you have devices which are outputting the same signal format.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom