Question Octane seating general chat

Seems like a great result to me. As long as you are happy with them than that's all that matters

I'm tempted to order a couple of the tables aswell. I'd be interested to hear what they are like.

This is the only couch I've ever owned that a guest has actually photo'd and video's them when they saw them!
the tables do not sit flat and do not sit firmly in the port they are in no way worth £55.00

I bought one of the black tables with my order , its made of a durable plastic and covered on top with a thin rubber type covering which easily gets marked with oil from finger prints , once the metal pole is firmly screwed into the base it can be stored in the arm rest , I recall another owner said they couldnt fit it in there but ive just checked and it fits in my Azures , what i do find odd though ive never actually sat a level on it but the shelf is not horizontal and seems to list at a slight angle , another point to note regarding accessories , I was toying with the idea of buying a tablet holder a few months back until I looked into this further , the tablet holder is circa £65 this i found a step too far because the exact same shaped piece of alloy can be purchased ready formed on amazon / ebay for as little as a fiver and if you affix a length of 20mm rod or dowel to it hey presto one tablet holder for a couple of quid I was going to make one but got side tracked and forgot all about it until now

I bought one of the black tables with my order , its made of a durable plastic and covered on top with a thin rubber type covering which easily gets marked with oil from finger prints , once the metal pole is firmly screwed into the base it can be stored in the arm rest , I recall another owner said they couldnt fit it in there but ive just checked and it fits in my Azures , what i do find odd though ive never actually sat a level on it but the shelf is not horizontal and seems to list at a slight angle , another point to note regarding accessories , I was toying with the idea of buying a tablet holder a few months back until I looked into this further , the tablet holder is circa £65 this i found a step too far because the exact same shaped piece of alloy can be purchased ready formed on amazon / ebay for as little as a fiver and if you affix a length of 20mm rod or dowel to it hey presto one tablet holder for a couple of quid I was going to make one but got side tracked and forgot all about it until now
I can only assume the Azure arms are wider
there is no way it will fit in my Flex with the post attached

I can only assume the Azure arms are wider
there is no way it will fit in my Flex with the post attached
Possible but there is only a few mm in it one arm wee bit tight other light slide in fit the metal dowel is 82mm long and width of storage space inside is about 110 mm

Thanks cyrus, that's pretty poor and has put me off them. Not much use if they are not even level..

The tables are fine for me - no they are not 100% level and move a tiny bit, but for the purposes of holding bowls of popcorn, cereal or snack then they do the trick and the 360 rotation means it can be moved to a position when I can also use the drinks holder and the table.

They do mark easy with greasy fingers but they can be wiped clean. Are they worth £55 each - debatable?

exactly spot on there mate , had they been say £25 or £30 id probably have 3 but at price i thought id try one , dont get me wrong its as handy as fork and wouldnt want to be without it now , i use it to sit a full size wireless keyboard on and the 360 rotation is ace , one thing that does annoy me though is the blue light led strip it seems to be on the UV spectrum and annoys the life out of my ocd as it shows every spec of dust on the floor plus at the price point they should be colour tuneable like hue led strips

I'd actually like to be able to disable the floor lights and keep the cup holder light on.

I find with the floor lights on it washes out my picture on my screen! Ha!

Someone did say they disconnected their floor lights and moved them to the back of the seats, so you could try that, or even just disconnect them entirely.

Ah interesting thanks. I'll have a look at that tomorrow and see how easy it is

For anyone who had a tight squeeze getting these in the door, can anyone let me know if they think they will get through a 66.5cm opening? If it was a tight squeeze what width was the door frame you squeezed it through - smaller or larger? I know the boxes won't fit, but I'm worried the chair base itself wont either!

For anyone who had a tight squeeze getting these in the door, can anyone let me know if they think they will get through a 66.5cm opening? If it was a tight squeeze what width was the door frame you squeezed it through - smaller or larger? I know the boxes won't fit, but I'm worried the chair base itself wont either!
yes side ways they are about 63cm without the feet and 65 with

Ah brilliant, thanks for confirming!

Ah brilliant, thanks for confirming!

I just ordered the Octane Flex seats from Amazon last night and my cinema room has been wired so will put up some pictures end of next week when hopefully the room will be nearly complete and the seats will be here

I just ordered the Octane Flex seats from Amazon last night and my cinema room has been wired so will put up some pictures end of next week when hopefully the room will be nearly complete and the seats will be here

Nice one. I was close on the flex aswell. The delivery was very quick so i'd expect you'll see them next week sometime

Nice one. I was close on the flex aswell. The delivery was very quick so i'd expect you'll see them next week sometime
Fantastic! Can't wait to get them up, I ordered a row of four to put on the raised stage but ideally wanting a large 3/4 seat sofa for the front row for more relaxed viewing with the other half but can't decide/find one suitable.

Probably wise. With my 3/3 set up, my better half isn't a huge fan. I maybe should have got the double, in the middle.

Probably wise. With my 3/3 set up, my better half isn't a huge fan. I maybe should have got the double, in the middle.
I was thinking that but if we had two couples that would sit at the back, presuming they'd be sat in their couple then the two people in that middle seat would feel slightly awkward possibly :laugh:

They do a double love seat option if that is what you're after.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom