Question Octane seating general chat

Cyrusgsxr

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully managed to order single seats from them ? Ive been watching these since last November and noted on the Amazon listings that if single seats were required then at check out you should request a 101 101 configuration ( when buying a pair ) as they come as 10101 config ie only one seat has two arms . the other has one arm and simply pushes up against the one with 2 arms .

I find this very strange , however at least they are again selling pairs where previously I had been told I could only order single seats if I bought 4 or more ?

anyway i took the plunge yesterday and ordered a pair then at check out requested 101 and 101 config , still awaiting reply via Amazon so thought id ask the community ?

PS does anyone have direct contact information for the German supplier as I cant find this info on Amazon ?

to update this thread I was able to negotiate 3 x Azure in 101 + 101 +101 , even though they do not list a 3 seater option on Amazon UK , what i have been instructed to do was buy 2 sets of 2 seaters and request the configuration required , they say they will fully refund for the 4th seat , I find this very strange business practice but will keep you all informed expecting dispatch Monday 13th lets hope its not an Omen

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what happens. I am considering the octane seating but in a combination not available for the range I was looking which i guess would be 10+10+01+01 basically
Screenshot_20200712-135904_Amazon Shopping.jpg

But missing the centre armrest.

well for me it has been a very procrastinated prolonged experience , I started getting quotes circa Nov 2019 , my main objective was to get one seat was then told i must buy a minimum of 3 and at the point of sale they tried to say they would only ship 4 plus so I gave up .

i noted they had listed a 2 seat option so took the plunge and via Amazon email I was instructed to buy 4 if i wanted 3 ????

anyway ive taken the plunge and paid for 4 Azure with the direct instruction that I am only entering a contract to pay for 3 in 101 + 101+ 101 configuration they seem to have agreed to this whilst at the same time vehemently deny they wont sell single seats . its very bizarre at same time they will charge my cc for 4 seats with a promise to refund as per required amount we shall wait and see .

Will be interesting to see what happens. I am considering the octane seating but in a combination not available for the range I was looking which i guess would be 10+10+01+01 basically
View attachment 1333204
I've been trying to get a "loveseat" configuration as well......looking at the Diesel range as I need small form factor. But they told me there's no plans for any loveseat configurations to be available in the UK for the foreseeable future....there used to be but seems like they have stopped. How hard can it be, as you say to have individual seats with an armrest missing....exactly what they need for a standard 4 config as per your picture above. Assume the seats at the end left and right only have the outer armrests then couldn't they use those type of chairs to make a 4 seat row with a loveseat in the middle?

Yes its very strange , I initially wanted different colours than black but they would need to be made from scratch and its a 6 month wait , apparently they keep stock of most the black range in UK hence a short wait time which is deffo a plus , Ive a sneaky suspicion these seats are made in China seen them on alibaba under £200 if you buy 100 plus :rotfl:

View attachment 1333204
AFAIK that config would be 101, 01, 01, 01 ie 3 of the seats only have one arm , Ive never seen them in the flesh so to speak but maybe an owner could tell us if they could be configured to your requirement ?

AFAIK that config would be 101, 01, 01, 01 ie 3 of the seats only have one arm , Ive never seen them in the flesh so to speak but maybe an owner could tell us if they could be configured to your requirement ?
According to their us website its available
Screenshot_20200713-233052_Chrome.jpg

Yes its very strange , I initially wanted different colours than black but they would need to be made from scratch and its a 6 month wait , apparently they keep stock of most the black range in UK hence a short wait time which is deffo a plus:
I'm also trying to get either the Flex of Azure in red, front row in leather and back row in fabric, but seems they only do black leather. Very frustrating. For a dedicated cinema surely red would be a popular colour? Maybe not as popular as black but surely the next popular, for a classic cinema look. Though I guess brown and grey would be popular for non-dedicated rooms too. Not many decent red options in the uk for proper cinema seating. I also like the Seatcraft Apex or Stanza in red or even two tone red and black from 4seating.com, but again they don't ship to the UK.

Anyone have other suggestions for seats in similar style that come in red and are available in the UK?

Cyrusgsxr - would be great to hear your thoughts on the Azure when they arrive, how comfortable etc. I've seen great feedback on here for the Flex seats but not seen anything for the Azure. Thanks

Cyrusgsxr - would be great to hear your thoughts on the Azure when they arrive, how comfortable etc. I've seen great feedback on here for the Flex seats but not seen anything for the Azure. Thanks
Hi @AFM1 They arrived this morning 3x 101 AZURE as requested , I bought 3 given the fact that this was the first person @ Octane I had spoken to regards the availability of 101 seats in over 9 months without the hassle of trying to up sell me , However I did have to buy 4 in order to get 3 delivered but was immediately refunded the cost of the 4th plus an additional negotiated discount of 5% so £138 saved there through good will .

The Flex looked far more aesthetically pleasing to me kind of like more modern look however AFIAK it is only the Azure that has posture pedic sprung seat along with the lumber adjustment , as well as separate head rest and recliner action , If they had separate leg and recline action then they would quite simply be the ultimate solution for comfort .

The Good

The build quality of them leads me to believe they cannot possibly be the same ones available on Alibaba , they have a tank like construction and ooze quality , certainly on par with most UK made riser recliners that I tried in the process of selection which were considerably more expensive and had zero lumbar adjustment , the brand new Nappa leather has a distinct new car smell about it and seems to have a very supple smooth grain as you'd expect on a premium product all though more attention could have been given to the trimming of the stitching a better finish could have been attained as I did find one or two threads needing trimmed but probably most wont have the same OCD problem .

The Bad

There seems to be a break down between the supplier and courier involved here namely TNT . I requested an exact delivery slot (IF) I it was the case should I require a helping hand to place in my living room upon delivery and was told that I should contact TNT direct which I did and then waited over 30 minutes for an answer .

I explained I was disabled and required either a direct time slot to enable installation (OR) asked if they could full fill my request to supply a 2 man delivery team to bring the boxes inside ? The courier assured me as long as 2m distancing could be achieved they would then full fill my request so I was quite happy .

What actually happened was the driver turned up alone and dumped them in my garden luckily he saw my plight otherwise would have been curb side as these seats weigh a massive 73kg in their boxes , the base unit alone is 55kg they really are built like tanks . luckily I was able to employ some local lads to bring them in for me other wise they would have been left out in the rain over night 🤬.

I cannot blame the courier as he was a thin chap who explained that his instruction was simple . do not enter you may catch covid 19 or vaginal warts or the like but cmon man 3k purchase you would expect them to at least explain that 3d party help WILL be required ?

My only other gripe would be the arms , You will be lucky if you can negotiate 101 for 2 arms instead of the 10 on offer, personally I think the seat would be a a very much better design if either the front of the arm was extended 5 or 6 inches or designed in such a way that a 101 had a storage space from front to back on either arm and like wise with the drinks receptacle and accessory holder was extended 5 or 6 inches they all just seem in an un natural place where one must retract the shoulder joint to access them ? On the plus side the storage is massive and with a few seats provide very handy space for all those little gizmos and nik knacks required to hand , and I was very pleasantly surprised to see full with stainless hinges and mcpherson struts on every one as Amazon pic shows couple of small kitchen cupboard hinges .

To summarise

I think over all they are an exceptionally good quality product at the price point they seem very cheap yet deliver a lot of high quality premium value into the equation , I cannot comment on other products from Octane other than to say my money seems very well spent . hope this helps .

What great timing for my question then :)
Great, glad you're pleased with them and they do sound good. Gives a little more confidence with buying blind. I'd get the usual 1010101 config for one arm between joined seats. I've also now read that someone has both the Azure and the Flex and he couldn't decide which was more comfortable so either would prob be just as good, though I think I prefer the look of the Azure more than the Flex due to the detailing giving a little more interest visually. Just wish they'd do them in red for the UK / EU market!
Thanks, and enjoy :)

... Ps, just checked where you're based to see if a visit could be arranged to see them in the flesh, but see you're in Scotland and I'm in SE London, so that's a no then!

... Ps, just checked where you're based to see if a visit could be arranged to see them in the flesh, but see you're in Scotland and I'm in SE London, so that's a no then!
well if your ever in the area you'd be most welcome to try Scottish ass comfort :laugh:

It’s really annoying how you can’t order specific combinations. The row of 4 with centre love seat with outer seats towed in is perfect. Listed on website but can’t purchase through Amazon, even as a special order.

It’s really annoying how you can’t order specific combinations. The row of 4 with centre love seat with outer seats towed in is perfect. Listed on website but can’t purchase through Amazon, even as a special order.
It is indeed very frustrating , however I discovered that the Amazon side of the business and what's available in the UK /EU compared to the actual Octane site are 2 different entities , it took me best part of a year to negotiate what i actually wanted so i get the impression they are dealing with mass volume sales and only due to covid was i then able to arrange what I wanted from them being a smaller order , i suspect their figures were down .

On a plus side I contacted the chap I negotiated the deal with via Amazon yesterday to report that one of my damper struts had failed and he has offered to send 6x replacements for my 3 x Azure even though only one was faulty so seems to be pretty good customer service which is something that no longer exists in the UK , they are coming direct from USA though so lets see how that pans out ?

Afternoon, I'm also looking at buying the Octane range from Amazon.

I really like the Azure in black. I'm planning on a two tiered arrangement but wondered what you thought would look better, a 3 in front and back, or a 3 front 4 back set up?

Any other comments on the seats? I'm a bit nervous about buying blind :)

Do you have any more pictures?

And maybe a random question, but how wide is the cupholder? And the switchgear, good quality? Any info would be great :)

The Azure seat from the amazon picture makes the leather look quite glossy, especially in comparison to the flex? Or is it just the picture?

Three front and four back I guess would be more visually pleasing aesthetically in terms of layout. But I'm going three front two back as i don't need loads of seats and in my case the front row will be better placed for image and sound so makes sense the have more seats there than at the back, plus having an odd number there means there'll be a middle seat for the sweet spot.

Someone on here has both the Flex and the Azure, so he'd be able to tell you for sure and maybe upload a photo, but I cant remember who it was. If you search for octane (ignoring all the unrelated "high octane" posts) you may find it and can ask him. Or better yet search for Azure I guess. I'd be interested in the answer too so remember to update / link back in here!

Good luck!

I think to get the best set up for a single MLP would be 3 in front and four on a riser behind The build quality is tank like they weigh about 73kg each single seat and you must negotiate the set up you prefer as if you buy 3 it will come as one chair with 2 arms and 2 chairs with one arm , i got 3 single seats with 2 arms so that i can rotate them , the leather is mostly satin black with a fine grain id say not gloss and not matte they look superb so definitely the amazon pic is wrong as you only get subtle hints of shiny on certain contours like the raised diamond pattern , the inside diameter of the cup holder is 81mm they seem to be painted with a very thick enamel type paint so wont chip or scratch easily , Id say the Azure is a must being the only one in the range with lumber adjustment which id say is essential for comfort the switch gear seems to be good enough illuminated in blue at all times and surrounded by a nice gun metal bezel , but i think they are in the wrong place and would have been far better if sited round the front of the cup holder but thats just a minor gripe , the storage compartment came fitted with a damper strut on each to hold them up when opened and one of mine was faulty , I contacted the amazon seller and they kindly sent 4 new ones so I now have 3 spares should any fail , but that is highly unlikely to happen , so top marks for customer service , also I asked for discount at the point of sale and was given 5% off with zero quibbles , Its just a shame they are not available with separate recline and leg raise function that really would have been the icing on the cake , in all honesty i think they are exceptional value for money considering what uk companies charge for lesser calibre furniture you will not regret buying the Azure one thing to bear in mind though is they arrive in massive boxes and they will be kerb side deliver or in your garden etc and you will need a few very fit lads to carry them into your room , they do fit through a standard 76mm door frame with checks removed

Attachments

• 20200716_101724.jpg
    20200716_101724.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 323
  • 20200716_115126.jpg
    20200716_115126.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 20200716_115212.jpg
    20200716_115212.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 311
  • 20200716_115216.jpg
    20200716_115216.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 300
  • 20200716_115223.jpg
    20200716_115223.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 317
  • 20200716_115531.jpg
    20200716_115531.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 324
  • 20200716_120238.jpg
    20200716_120238.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 20200716_164500.jpg
    20200716_164500.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 297
Thank you both for the detailed replies, and great pictures! That leather looks much better in your pictures than is does on Amazon, which has pretty much alone persuaded me that the Azure is the one for me.

Very good point on the 3 and 4, I think you are right. It would look good with the 3 in front of a 4.

I've emailed the amazon seller with a few questions so will see what they come back with

Hmm...the black does look good. Possibly making me reconsider my chosen red and black two tone....hmm

Hmm...the black does look good. Possibly making me reconsider my chosen red and black two tone....hmm
ah here is another curve ball , I also wanted the red and black alas the amazon seller only supplies any colour you want as long as it is black , i think they are related to Henry Ford :rotfl: you see you can order from amazon and they will be delivered in my case 4 days , where as the coloured ones need to be made from scratch in America with an 8 month lead time prior to covid also when i dealt with the US supplier they would not ship any order less than 4 seats which was obviously a deal breaker for me

I've already asked this of the Amazon seller, but do you know if they sell the seat risers? I'm hoping to do a tiered set up.

How easy was it to negotiate a discount? Any discount on a 3/3 or 3/4 set up would be ideal :)

Are you not better building the riser out of timber and carpeting to match the room?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom