Ocean's eleven: Worse quality BD I've seen

M

Marky P

Just watched Ocean's Eleven on Blu-ray, and I've got to say that I wasn't very impressed. Sound was only DD5.1 and PQ was average with occasional film damage. Are there any plans to re-release the Ocean trilogy and do the job properly? Enjoyed the film, though.:thumbsup:

I have the HD-DVD release, same transfer and it looks very good. There are hundreds of worse quality BD releases. It's probably the directors style you don't like.

Yep,it's the style in which they were shot apparently.

interesting, i have the oceans 11 BD and really like it.. maybe not the best BD i have but by no means the worst PQ ever, try Predator for that title...:rolleyes:

interesting, i have the oceans 11 BD and really like it.. maybe not the best BD i have but by no means the worst PQ ever, try Predator for that title...:rolleyes:
Um, no... :rolleyes:

Ocean's 13 was one of the very first HD-DVDs I watched. I spent half the film mucking around with the settings on my TV. :D

Soderbergh loves all that though. Anyone remember Traffic with all it's blue and yellow tints?

Um, no... :rolleyes:

i was under the impression that Predator was univerally hated for its PQ and SQ on BR...??

just to add, not seen it myself on BR, have avoided it after reading so many of the above views...

i was under the impression that Predator was univerally hated for its PQ and SQ on BR...??

just to add, not seen it myself on BR, have avoided it after reading so many of the above views...
It's only numpties that have no idea, that hate it. I'm sure it'd absolutely bug the crap out of Pincho and the anti-grain brigade. :devil:

that sounds interesting, personally speaking i have no issues with grain at all... might give the BR a go if i can pick it up cheap..

I think that maybe some people have been put off by the start of the movie, before they get to the jungle. It's a bit dirtier than the rest, but as soon as they get off the chopper... BAM!!

Watched this the other day and it looked very good when projected.

Well, if that 'look' was intentional then that's fine, I can live with that.:thumbsup: The sound still should've been lossless though.:(

Gotta agree predator is fine in my opinion keeper
but pred 2 diffrent story, might of been that i didnt enjoy the movie as much as i remember, and didnt look as good as predator.

personel choice at the end of the day :)

cheers bri

The part where Arnie/stunt double falls down the waterfall is laughable.
It makes VHS look good.

I really enjoyed predator.

After watching AVP the noise predator makes in predator left me feeling slightly let down by the audio quality.

The part where Arnie/stunt double falls down the waterfall is laughable.
It makes VHS look good.

Ha ha, yeah that bit must have been shot by the Second Unit or something because it's always looked like that on every format regardless. I suppose some things just cannot be fixed.

I have to agree that I wasn't overly impressed by Ocean's when I brought it on HD DVD. Everything looked flat and about as samey as an upscaled job but at the end of the day it's how it was made.

Even I need to remind myself that every now and again.

Bram Stoker's Dracula is the worst i've seen by far.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom