1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oceans 12

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Nobber22, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    (I hope there isn't already another thread talking about this film? I did a search, but...)

Saw this Saturday. Not bad, not great. I loved Oceans 11 (the remake), but I didn't enjoy 12 as much. The whole point of the film seems to be just to have another sequel for the Producers to make more cash.

There isn't anything clever, original or smart about the new heists. Or even neccessary IMO. We've already met the charcters in the first film, so we know what they are capable of and aren't surprised at their "skills".

"Yeah, we know the Chinese guy bends like a rubber band, the brothers argue and Matt Damon is a good pick-pocket! Got anything else?"

Cathrine Zeta Jones joins the cast, but is a rubbish actor IMO and does nothing for the film. Julia Roberts sleep-walks her way through the film and looks particularly rough - was she pregnant during the filming? The French villian/adversary is even more wooden - and pointless. :boring:

One the positive side, there are plenty of laugh-out-loud moments and the film skips along at a decent pace. My wife , who isn't worried too much about plot or craft, thought it was fun and worth £6 and a couple of hours in busy Reading on a Saturday. (I don't like going to Reading for free beer and strippers, let alone an average cinema experience, but there you go.....)

Rating 5.5 out of 10. :)