Occasional switch between standard set-up and Sonos

mikeer

Novice Member
I have an amp. pre-amp, phono stage, turntable, speakers standard set-up but would like to connect it to the Sonos' to occasionally play the vinyl in other rooms. What's the best solution ?

jamieu

Sonos Port is the obvious option, although probably not the cheapest..

You could probably make something out of an Rasberry Pi with an analog input HAT, but would requires some research / configuration.

mikeer

Novice Member
Great thank you. From a wiring point of view how does that work? Current set-up : turntable is wired to phono stage > phono stage is wired to pre-amp > pre-amp to amp > speakers to amp

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 24354

Well trained other half to change records on demand ;)

.... Honey, I tried to put those shiny, black place-mats in the pretty sleeves, on the spinney-thing, but the kids gravy and mash potato seems to be sticking to the little arm thingy......

jamieu

Great thank you. From a wiring point of view how does that work? Current set-up : turntable is wired to phono stage > phono stage is wired to pre-amp > pre-amp to amp > speakers to amp

Probably pre-amp (line out) -> Sonos port (line in).

You would then see the Port as a Source in the Sonos app.

Last edited:

acgingersnaps

I can do this with my Sonos Connect. Pre out from the amp to the RCA line in on the Connect. Works fine, but i don't use it. If i'm going to digitise the vinyl sound, I might as well just play the album on Qobuz.
However, being able to use the Sonos system with my main set up, as a streamer, is very handy and I do that a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom