Obtained Aiwa CD Separate With No Remote?

wokeye

I have just got an old Aiwa XC-700 (has XC-700E wrote on back) hifi separate CD player off my parents and they have thrown out the remote control :rolleyes: I tried buying an Aiwa CD player control cheap off ebay and it doesn't work, whether it is faulty I will never know. I have tried my Logitech Harmony control and it operates it with limited functions so I know that the CD player is fine. Support for Aiwa seems not to exist, and the player is also 15 years old or something but still sounds very good. I have also seen another on Ebay that resembles the original remote (I can vaguely remember it) but probably another stupid risk. I just do not know what control operates it. I was wondering are there any dirt cheap multi-remotes that may operate it? Bear in mind I have no original remote so I can not teach it things I guess. Obviously I do not want to spend much as the CD is old but it still sounds good. Probably gonna throw the towel in unless anybody has any ideas please?

planetbass

Standard Member
Hi Wokeye, did you ever get this sorted? I've got an XC-700 and remote which I tried to sell on eBay this year but no-one bit.

I'm planning to keep it because a) it never let me down and b) my Arcam Alpha 5 is lovely but feels delicate and I wouldn't like to be without a backup if it gave up.

I can take a photo of my remote and/or tell you the model number if it would help...

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom