Obscure music no one seems to know

raycoleman

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess most people have a band or a singer that they really like but nobody seems to have heard of. Showcase them here for the world to see :).

I really like this guy Bill Ricchini. His music is mostly very chill and Beatles-like, perfect for walking in the cold of Autumn. He has just two albums that didn't sell so well, so not a lot of people know him.

Oh yeah I forgot, he recently joined a band called Summer Fiction. Their music is awesome, too! The definition of summer haze.

Senor Coconut - Showroom Dumies

Stomu Yamashta - Crossing The Line (with Stevie Winwood)

William Shatner - It Hasn't Happened Yet

Last edited:
Got to say thanks for that Shatner video, I have the LP and this is my favourite track on it. I remember playing the start of the LP (HAS BEEN) a few years ago on Spotify expecting it to be a bit of a laugh and to be awful, and was shocked to find it was an absolute fantastic album and listened to it all the way through, a truely humble, open and personal experience. Ended up getting the CD.

Didn't know he had done any of it live, thanks! :)

Got to say thanks for that Shatner video, I have the LP and this is my favourite track on it. I remember playing the start of the LP (HAS BEEN) a few years ago on Spotify expecting it to be a bit of a laugh and to be awful, and was shocked to find it was an absolute fantastic album and listened to it all the way through, a truely humble, open and personal experience. Ended up getting the CD.

Didn't know he had done any of it live, thanks! :)

I first heard it on Spotify too and like you, this was the track that made me realise Has Been is immeasurably superior to his earlier album The Transformed Man. No longer music to be ridiculed, Shatner (and Ben Folds) has delivered a truly outstanding album with Has Been. What surprises me however is that there's a vinyl edition of this. I wish I'd known that earlier as I'd love to hear this on vinyl. Right, I'm off to track a copy down...

Last edited:
That Shatner video is great! So much class!

This had me in tears the other day.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom