OBS Studio video capture problem

TechiMan

Hi, just wondering if anyone here knows anything about OBS Studio video capture?. If so then I'm just wondering if anyone can help with the problem I've been having with trying to capture video from a VHS recorder using my USB capture device which connects to the USB input on my laptop. Up until many months ago I was no issues with it, capturing was using a composite connection, but ever since I tried an S-Video cable the programme will not detect the capture device, even when I select the appropriate options and ensure the the capture device is selected - which it does show in the menu, but when I select all I get is grey, no blue screen indicating it had detected the inputted signal. When I try a different USB input I get horizontal coloured wavy lines. I have uninstalled the programme several times and downloaded the latest version, but still nothing. I can't figure what the problem is, though I doubt it's the capture device as it does work on other capture programmes like Corel, but doesn't seem to be working with Virtualdub.

If anyone can help solve this issue I would appreciate it. I would use Corel instead, however, for some reason all of a sudden whenver there's the slightest tape jitty Corel will throw up a "this tape is copyright protected" message even though the tape isn't copyrighted or has any macrovision on it.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom