Oblivion Question: Gates To Oblivion

Rasczak

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Just a quick one on Oblivion: the Gates to Oblivion you see scattered around the world - is it worth destroying them and how many are there?

The loading screen seems to imply there are 16 'plains' of Oblivion - does this mean 16 gates? At present everytime I see one I go in and close it. But it's getting rather repetitive and nobody ever seems particularly impressed that I've just closed a portal to hell just outside their city/town. I was just wondering if I was wasting my time or not. I'm not a Mage or anything like that so don't need to go there for ingredients and so forth.

Rasczak said:
Just a quick one on Oblivion: the Gates to Oblivion you see scattered around the world - is it worth destroying them and how many are there?

The loading screen seems to imply there are 16 'plains' of Oblivion - does this mean 16 gates? At present everytime I see one I go in and close it. But it's getting rather repetitive and nobody ever seems particularly impressed that I've just closed a portal to hell just outside their city/town. I was just wondering if I was wasting my time or not. I'm not a Mage or anything like that so don't need to go there for ingredients and so forth.

Don't know the exact number but there are stacks of gates as the game progresses , best advice I've seen was to wait until you at least level 17 until you start closing them as the weird thingy you get that shuts the gate gives you better upgrades for your weapons.

There are at least 2 gates I've come across that you have to close as part of the main quest though...haven't played for a while....it was threatening my marriage too much.

you will have to close a gate for each major town in the game.
A part from those specific gates, there are lots of extra gates dotted about the place.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom