• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Oblivion Question: False Arrest (Arguably)

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Just a quick one on Oblivion (which I've only just started playing). I am justing starting the "Path Of Dawn" where I have been tasked to return to the Imperial City to meet a Baurus chap. However on arrival I am arrested by the guard on the gate! An honest, upstanding member of Imperial Blades (me, not him)!

Now I admit I might have done something slightly wrong at the start of the game. When first leaving Weynon Priory I thought a horse might be useful so 'borrowed' one with every intention of returning it. I didn't think the monks would mind. However when arriving a Charrol I dismounted the horse, talked to the chaps there and, when I remounted, they all cried thief! I rode off but this Imperial in a suit of armour tracked me down and tried to arrest me. Well I wasn't having that so I killed him. I then thought his horse might ride off and alert everyone so I killed that as well. Nobody was around, nobody could have seen.

Anyway I rode off and was invited to join the Blades (which I did) but now I'm being arrested! So, to get to the point, my question is how can I avoid being arrested, i.e. is their a backway in? do a need to change my disguise? Or do I just do the gaol time? :rolleyes:

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
What sort of maniac kills a horse! Do the time.
Well it wouldn't have been the perfect murder if the darn thing had trotted back to it's stables minus it's rider. :D Turns out it wasn't the perfect murder anyway but it would have been even less perfect if I hadn't killed the horse.

Disclaimer!
Under no circumstances would I kill a horse in real life even if I was trying to commit the perfect murder. However if I am attacked by a sword wielding, armour clad soldier I reserve the right of private defense!

Bilbob

Prominent Member
Classic! :rotfl:

Garrett

On leaving Weynon Priory you can take a horse it's the piebald one. When you hover you mouse icon over it it shows a gold horseshoe not a red one meaning you're going to steal one. The horse is yours for good.

If you commit a crime you can pay a fine be let out of jail but you get a black mark against your name for killing innocent people (infamy) if this is greater than you fame it can prevent you from doing stuff like getting blessings.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
If you commit a crime you can pay a fine
How can you earn money to pay a fine? And does paying allow you to keep all your stuff? I don't want to go to gaol and lose everything!

Garrett

Rasczak said:
I don't want to go to gaol and lose everything!
If you dont want to do the time dont do the crime :laugh:

If you pay the fine you get to keep your stuff but not anything you nicked thats taken off you.

If your near the start of the game I would re start it I gone back a day before now on an old save, you usaly do things quicker as you know where things are.

I had to go back once because I got bitten by a vampire and had been working for the Thiefs Guild and could neither find a potion or get a blessing.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
If your near the start of the game I would re start it I gone back a day before now on an old save, you usaly do things quicker as you know where things are.
Cheers - doing this now and am just 'jumping' to the various locations (I walked before) to make up time. Will try not to kill anyone this time!

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Really getting going on this game now however have got stuck. I have been tasked with catching a grave robber in the actwithin the Imperial City - however I can't find the graveyard? Anyone got any ideas where it is?

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
I can't find the graveyard?
Found it! Who puts a graveyard in the City Centre? Prime real estate that!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom