Oblivion PS3???

P

pierrecarey

I thought that oblivion wasnt out here for the ps3 until the 27th of this month? i just saw it in tesco and it wasnt a preorder? just thought it was strange:rolleyes:

Someone cocked up i guess, My local indie store has it on sale but ofcouse thats the US version.

Anybody else know anything about this? I'd quite happily pop up to Tesco to get it a couple of weeks early :)

Most likely - i saw it in tesco extra cardiff. Have a look next time youre in tesco

Don't know why people have been waiting when you can import US version from VG+ cheaper & delivered in 3 days for me. If it was online then I could understand the caution but it isn't.

my local tesco aint got anything ps3 related at all! :mad:

yeah i saw it in choices video store last week £49 though!!

i ordered it from GV+ £33 delivered came yesterday..not had chance to play it yet

Just watched the new gametrailers hd video review,they say that the ps3 version has "much" better visuals.I may get it.

Just watched the new gametrailers hd video review,they say that the ps3 version has "much" better visuals.I may get it.

Having now played both I would say the PS3 does have better graphics but not that much in it and certainly wouldn't make you choose the PS3 version over the 360 version. The much faster load times & lack of 360 fan noise (in quiet sections) is what makes it better on the PS3 IMO.

Having now played both I would say the PS3 does have better graphics but not that much in it and certainly wouldn't make you choose the PS3 version over the 360 version. The much faster load times & lack of 360 fan noise (in quiet sections) is what makes it better on the PS3 IMO.

Yes i agree, but for some reason i am enjoying it more on the PS3 than when i had it for the 360. :confused:

Yes i agree, but for some reason i am enjoying it more on the PS3 than when i had it for the 360. :confused:

Probably because its easier to see (I thought the 360 version was too dark) and you can hear the ambient suround effects such as distant footsteps, voices, water etc. better with the PS3 being significantly quieter than the 360. Its also much smoother transfering from areas with much less waiting time so it seems to flow better adding to the illusion of a real world.

Yes that's the first thing i noticed how much quieter it was, so you could hear all the sound effects, like you mentioned distant footstep etc etc. Quality.:)

Alternitavely you could try ebay. Thats where I got mine from. Bought off some guy in london for 40 quid brand new.

Alternitavely you could try ebay. Thats where I got mine from. Bought off some guy in london for 40 quid brand new.

Yeah but you get it from VG+ brand new for £34 inc shipping if you dont mind waiting 3 days for it to arrive. ebay is hit and miss on pricing.

From what I can see the HDR in it is alot less blinding, the draw distance is greater and hearing more is a bonus! :clap:

Also don't forget the PS3 doesn't munch on your discs, I can't play Oblivion on my 360 and more after it got a little hungry and canibalised the DVD, also the tdk coating on BR discs will make them alot more resiliant to scratching.

Does it install/cache to the HDD? Anything to reduce the loading times would be good (or keep clearing the 360's cache).

Also did the PS3 version end up with any extra content (horse armour, Mehues Razor etc) is that going to be episodic/microtransactions/downloads?

Personally i look at my mates playing the PC version with all the user content, and especially stuff like auto-sorting/storing your alchemy ingredients, better/fixed leveling xp system and sigh that consoles dont allow that freedom. Still, no patches or graphic-card incompatibility etc...

Does it install/cache to the HDD? Anything to reduce the loading times would be good (or keep clearing the 360's cache).

Also did the PS3 version end up with any extra content (horse armour, Mehues Razor etc) is that going to be episodic/microtransactions/downloads?

Personally i look at my mates playing the PC version with all the user content, and especially stuff like auto-sorting/storing your alchemy ingredients, better/fixed leveling xp system and sigh that consoles dont allow that freedom. Still, no patches or graphic-card incompatibility etc...

Oblivion installs 4gb to the HDD drive for cache which helps the load times a lot, the only updates/extra content was the Knights of the nine addon as for the horse armour etc the devs are still not sure if this will be released but they have confirmed that shivering Isles is coming.

Oblivion installs 4gb to the HDD drive for cache which helps the load times a lot, the only updates/extra content was the Knights of the nine addon as for the horse armour etc the devs are still not sure if this will be released but they have confirmed that shivering Isles is coming.

Just spent a couple of hour on the knights of the nine quest,been to all the temples and just sent to a secret underwater place/dungeon to collect a relic,must say its been great fun battling skeletons and some ghost who i couldnt kill,maybe the fact he was a ghost had something to do with it!?,feel like ive gained a bit of power and have a nice new sword and shield and the relic is a lovely helmet (with wings!) wearing it now ,am i the man now or what!
Tally ho! and on with the quest.......

loving this game!

Just spent a couple of hour on the knights of the nine quest,been to all the temples and just sent to a secret underwater place/dungeon to collect a relic,must say its been great fun battling skeletons and some ghost who i couldnt kill,maybe the fact he was a ghost had something to do with it!?,feel like ive gained a bit of power and have a nice new sword and shield and the relic is a lovely helmet (with wings!) wearing it now ,am i the man now or what!
Tally ho! and on with the quest.......

loving this game!

Ahh i see you have taken the righteous path, i'm still doing hits for the brotherhood, anyway I have found that magic works well on ghosts eg fireballs from a distance, forget about using swords or bows etc they don't do anything on them as i'm sure you have found.

Ahh i see you have taken the righteous path, i'm still doing hits for the brotherhood, anyway I have found that magic works well on ghosts eg fireballs from a distance, forget about using swords or bows etc they don't do anything on them as i'm sure you have found.
I am a reformed citizen these days "whiter than white" i might add!got fed up to be honest being arrested and landing in prison ,life as a pickpocket just wasnt working out for me,took a good hard look at myself and got a grip!
Am now pillar of society.... .. well for now until i decide to go on the rob again!

Decided to high tail it out of there and the leave the ghost to its own devices! got what i was after anyway!(helmet),this quest is great fun and i must say for an additional storyline/quest its well worth the time,did have to cheat ever so slightly though,to get the knights suit i had to battle all nine knights! one after the other,was struggling so "slightly" adjusted the difficulty setting,and would you believe it! i beat them! back on orig settings now though,

Just collected the gauntlets having chosen to take on someones curse,and im currently now choosing on whether to get the shield,weapon (mace?) or boots....which part of the quest next i wonder!
if your after a quest to get kitted out do this plus its great fun!

here horsey....giddy up!:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom