Oblivion: Catch The Grey Fox?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Rasczak, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,139
    Is it possible to catch the Grey Fox? I am an upstanding member of the community and want to bring him to justice! Does the game allow you to do this?

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    Yes it does, you can also become the grey fox;)

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,139
    How do you go about doing it? I do not want to join the Thieves Guild (I am working for the Fighters Guild and have not got/don't want a criminal record) yet that seems the only way to meet the Gray Fox.

I have seen the posters in Imperial City and bribed the beggers to inform me of that midnight RV in the Docks but that isn't the Grey Fox just one of his henchmen.

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    I think the only way is to join the theives guild and root him out. You only get a criminal record if you get caught btw;) Some of the theives guild missions are pretty cool and lucrative too so worth joining.Just look upon it as infiltrating the thieves guild if you wish:d A lot of the missions are for the good of the people too so you can do good as well as bad the choice is yours.
    The only bad guys are the dark brotherhood tbh but they have some great missions so you might want to creat a darker character to play those.

5. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,139
    Cheers Hawklord :thumbsup:

I got the invite to join the Dark Brotherhood after I killed the Grand Champion in the arena. I've gone right the way through the main quest now and am nearing the end of the Fighters Guild. Is it worth me just continuing with the initial Dark Brotherhood mission or should I just start again with a new character? At the moment all the guards 'forgive' me if they find me stealing etc.

6. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    :smashin: You can join any guild and complete all the missions in any order. I've reformatted a couple of times so had to start over with a fresh charcter. My 1st character did all the fighters guild quests and my second did all the theives guild quests and started the dark brotherhood quests before having to create yet another character.
    Rather than tread familiar ground I've just started on the main quest now and will probably go back and do the dark brotherhood and mages quests after that.
    By that time Dark messiah should be out and I can start playing that. I like single player rpg's so should be busy for a while as Gothic3 isn't long off either

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,139
    First one I have ever played! Have to admit it's been brilliant - really enjoyed it. The whole concept is just superb - having to 'work' in the Fighter's Guild/Arena to make ends meat so I can conduct the Main Quest. Get a real kick out of helping people and making Cyrodiil a better place as well!

And from a value perspective it is brilliant. Apart from Quake CTF, Quake 2 CTF and Half Life (TFC/CS etc) I don't think I've spent so much time playing a single game. I'm about 120hrs in! :smashin:

Anyway off to play some more...have some pest control to do in Hackdirt :D