oblivion...£26.99

oasisnut

Novice Member
why is oblivion so cheap at movietyme
£26.99 is seriously cheap for a brand spankin' new game.....
mine is ordered!:thumbsup:

english_bob

why is oblivion so cheap at movietyme
£26.99 is seriously cheap for a brand spankin' new game.....
mine is ordered!:thumbsup:

Your right, it is cheap. I paid £31.99 for it from them last week. Well pi**ed! :rolleyes:

Indiana Jones

What are the delivery times like from this company?

If its inside the UK then 1 or 2 days, if coming from the US will take 7-10 days.

Marky101

Thinking of getting this, as not on-line play not a problem but worried won't
get any future fixes or updates via my UK PS3? Anyone know if I would need to set up a US account to update patches (would this work as a UK machine)
£26.99 v £39.99 tempting!!!

smokedog

get any future fixes or updates via my UK PS3? Anyone know if I would need to set up a US account to update patches (would this work as a UK machine)
I can't see patches being a problem as with a US game. As you just log on to US server even if you have a UK account.

Moogle

Distinguished Member

Won't be a problem. You should be ablr to update using either a UK or US account.

english_bob

TBH Graphically this game is overrated anyway. Reference "Kameo" on the 360 to see how a game of this nature should be done.

oasisnut

Novice Member
in answer to the question of delivery times.... i ordered it yeterday at 9.30am... and at 9.30am today, it still stuck on 'order placed'.... not looking good, if it were play.com it would have switched to 'processing' or 'dispatched' by now!.....:mad:

fuzzybee

Banned
TBH Graphically this game is overrated anyway. Reference "Kameo" on the 360 to see how a game of this nature should be done.

not sure why you have posted this :confused:

Oblivion is absolutely nothing like Kameo :lesson:

english_bob

not sure why you have posted this :confused:

Oblivion is absolutely nothing like Kameo :lesson:

Its not a million miles away, do you know the game Kameo at all? Open environments and monsters and horses, hundreds of on screen characters and battles, lush visuals and 60fps. Alright its not an "RPG" but it coming from the same fantasy theme background, and it was a visual comparision, not gameplay...So don't give me :lesson:

Indiana Jones

Its not a million miles away, do you know the game Kameo at all? Open environments and monsters and horses, hundreds of on screen characters and battles, lush visuals and 60fps. Alright its not an "RPG" but it coming from the same fantasy theme background, and it was a visual comparision, not gameplay...So don't give me :lesson:

Isnt Kameo more cartoony with Oblivion being more real life based?

mwatson800

Novice Member
Although there is no online need for this game, you might still want to purchase content like downloadable missions.

Presuming that you can only use a European PS account*, then I wonder if an update that came from a non-European PS Store would work? In other words, if you bought the "Some-addon-mission" from the European PS Store, would it work with your US imported game?

(*because you cannot add any funds to a non-European account after the February update.)

I think not, but perhaps someone can confirm.

Matt :confused:

ocelot20

I had to update oblivion on my UK ps3 when i got it 3 weeks ago and the update was fine so you will be ok.

rebelpj24205

and its now gone up to 29.99 hey thats what happens when you hold back on a purchase they put the price up . like i have debateing wether to order it

Naqv

I ordered on Saturday at £26.99, I mean come on, if you saw a game of that quality at that price for a PS3, you just have to buy it, even though I don't have much time now to play.
Has it really gone up? What a shame for others, but it is still only £3 more.

mwatson800

Novice Member
I had to update oblivion on my UK ps3 when i got it 3 weeks ago and the update was fine so you will be ok.

A general game update and downloaded content are not the same thing.

The reason I mention this is because I am sure I had problems with my imported 360 version.

Matt :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Trinnov Altitude update adds new features
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs welcome Disney+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Research announces I/50 integrated valve amp