Oblivin or Star Wars Lego 2

  • Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92943

Guest
I need your advice guys

I currently have a copy of Star Wars lego 2 for £29.99 with play.com but now see HMV.CO.UK are doing oblivian for £25. I can only get one as i have already ordered Dead Rising for next month

What is Oblivion like? I heard it's a long game but what else? Good Graphics ect

Is it like Final Fantasy as i hate that game

cheers :smashin:
 

RidleyDeckard

Well-known Member
It's been said about Oblivion a million times before, but it really depends on what you like, if you like RPG's you'll love it.
Oblivion is the best game I've played in years, it just draws you in, so far I've already put 45 hours in an recon I can get another 100 hours out of it!!
The only problem I have with it is finding the time to play it. Having a spare half hour to play it isn't going to cut it, so if you are short on time I'd go with Star Wars.

Hope this helps

BTW Thanks for the tip about Oblivion being £25 I've scratched my disc so need a replacement :thumbsup:
 

chrislad

Well-known Member
I can honestly say go for Star Wars Lego. Simple reason is because you've ordered Dead Rising. Going by previews, SW Lego should last you the month. Oblivion will last you much longer. So much so, that you'll get Dead Rising, and either ignore it and keep on playing Oblivion, or start playing Dead Rising and come back to Oblivion after a while, which will take you a while to get back into. Also, you can always trade Star Wars Lego for Oblivion in the trading forums here. Doubt you'll have much trouble getting a straight swap.
 
D

Deleted member 92943

Guest
£25 does seem very good for oblivion and i guess i could ask for Star Wars lego for my birthday. Then that will be it until November :rolleyes:
 

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I'd agree with filmfreak. Oblivion is a masterpiece (no doubting that), but demands that ALOT of time is put into it to truly appreciate it, and by that I mean that it is the type of game that requires long sessions (not 30 mins here and there). It also takes a good 5-10 hours (I would say) to get used to and for you to start to truly appreciate its beauty.
If you have plenty time, and have an interest in the genre, then it would be rude not to buy it at that price, as IMHO it is the best 360 game released to date by some distance.
I put in about 40 hours, and enjoyed it so much, but just haven't had the time to invest in it, or should I say scared to put it in again, out of fear of ruining my relationship :eek:
There is a huge difference in the two titles you mention (genre / patience etc) so depends on what you really want - a quick blast with Lego or wave goodbye to your life with Oblivion.
 

Epicurus

Well-known Member
Oblivion is a masterpiece of a game, better even than Daggerfall, but as already mentioned it's guilty of being tooo broad and involving.

Perfect for an unemployed student bum, but a full time employed person will struggle to ever finish it fully. I got about 30 hours in and then just found it too much. Determined to finish it one day though!

Wish the 360 was around when I was still an unemployed student bum :(
 
D

Deleted member 92943

Guest
AHHHHHH I don't know

Oblivion looks good and i did enjoy playing the zelda games on the N64 if it has any relation to Oblivion.
 

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Epicurus said:
Oblivion is a masterpiece of a game, better even than Daggerfall, but as already mentioned it's guilty of being tooo broad and involving.

Perfect for an unemployed student bum, but a full time employed person will struggle to ever finish it fully. I got about 30 hours in and then just found it too much. Determined to finish it one day though!

Wish the 360 was around when I was still an unemployed student bum :(
couldn't of put it better myself :clap: unfortunately I was stuck with the Sega Master System when I had all the free time in the world.
Shows how far we've came when the full games that were on that are now extras in the likes of Shenmue / PGR3 etc etc.
damn technology in the early 90's :mad:
still, I suppose the toddlers now adays will say the same thing in 15 years time about Oblivion lol
 

jdbrooks

Novice Member
featherhall said:
unfortunately I was stuck with the Sega Master System when I had all the free time in the world.
Exactly the same here. I have thought that so many times in the past.

As for lego or oblivion I could be cheeky and say i'll trade you my oblivion for lego when you are bored with lego. That way you get the best of both worlds.
 
D

Deleted member 92943

Guest
I've slept on it and still don't have a clue what to go for
 

Andy130

Active Member
chrislad said:
I can honestly say go for Star Wars Lego. Simple reason is because you've ordered Dead Rising. Going by previews, SW Lego should last you the month. Oblivion will last you much longer. So much so, that you'll get Dead Rising, and either ignore it and keep on playing Oblivion, or start playing Dead Rising and come back to Oblivion after a while, which will take you a while to get back into. Also, you can always trade Star Wars Lego for Oblivion in the trading forums here. Doubt you'll have much trouble getting a straight swap.

Have to say Chris has hit the nail on the head. Oblivion WILL take over your life.

andy
 

Paul Mela

Active Member
What life all I can think of is levelling up and looking after my Dark Brotherhood members. God I've played this game too long

LONG LIVE CYRODIIL
 

RockStrongo

Active Member
Where can I buy Lego Oblivion?
 
D

Deleted member 92943

Guest
HMV have put Rockstar Table Tennis back up to £25 from £15, so i think i should order Oblivion soon for £25 before it goes back to £40
 

mg-paul

Active Member
RockStrongo said:
Where can I buy Lego Oblivion?
LOL now that's a good idea :)

Have been playing Oblivion for over 140 hours (how I don't know as I DO have a full time job) and have finally done all the main quests and only have the last deadric quest and a few odd ones left to do.

If you want something to get really immersed in (and end up have dreams about) then this is the one for you.

My only concern with it is that you end up wondering what to get next.
 

themanwithapc

Active Member
Oblivion is the game that has made the 360 for me. Since "completing" it (1000 GPs) I've been unable to find anything of it's equal on the 360 (or indeed any console this year).

I don't know why everyone says you HAVE to play Oblivion for longer periods of time. It has a save anywhere feature, so you can just save mid mission if you want.
 

dsanders_sco

Novice Member
mg-paul said:
LOL now that's a good idea :)

Have been playing Oblivion for over 140 hours (how I don't know as I DO have a full time job) and have finally done all the main quests and only have the last deadric quest and a few odd ones left to do.

If you want something to get really immersed in (and end up have dreams about) then this is the one for you.

My only concern with it is that you end up wondering what to get next.
I couldn't agree more. I've clocked up over 140 hours on Oblivion and that's including working away three days a week! It really is an addictive game. This is going to sound really sad, but my son and I have clocked up around 300 hours on Oblivion making it one of the best value games we've ever bought - £0.16 per hour of play against, say, condemned at about £2 per hour of game play.
 

Similar threads

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Top Bottom